Best connection AVR/BR/OLED

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Hey folks, it's been a while, I hope all of you are well.

Have what I think, is a quick easy question, but I want to make sure that I'm with the consensus as this particular issue is new to me. Typically I'd do more of my own research but for now I'll ask first then read more later.

So on Prime Day today, I log in to find my LG CX is on sale $400 off. Had decided this was the TV for me to buy, but I wasn't thinking I'd get a shot until at least Black Friday, so it caught me off guard, but it went in the cart and my finger selected "Complete Order" almost of its own will.!

I also have the Marantz 6013, and my Bluray is the Panasonic DB-UB820.

So, my UB820 has 2 HDMI out. - One for Video, and the other obviously for Audio. This is new to me as my last BRP was maybe 15 years old.

Currently, it's HDMI from UB820 thru the 6013 to the TV HDMI in.

But with the new CX arriving, my question is pretty simple. * Is it worth the double HDMI out on the Bluray? - Sending the Audio to the AVR and the Video direct to the TV..? *

And if so, briefly why if you don't mind filling me in. I mean aside from the obvious I guess.

I am pretty certain I have the newest, proper HDMI, and I know that my AVR, while not that old, does have certain limitations. But now with the new TV my "Big 3" are now complete and proper so I want to get as much as I can from all the connections available.

Thanks in advance to everyone /anyone replying..!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You should just run your video directly through the Marantz and on to the television.

The reason for the dual HDMI output on the Blu-ray player is to support pre-4K AV receivers. It was a super nice feature to have as non-4K receivers still supported HD audio and all the rest through HDMI, but didn't allow for 4K UHD to work. By providing dual HDMI outputs, it allowed you to directly connect your 4K Blu-ray to the TV and allowed your HD audio to go right to the non-4K AV receiver.

Since you are running everything at the current specification, you should only use the single video output of the Blu-ray player through your receiver and call it a day.

Oh - and nice TV!

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
OMG, I feel a bit sheepish now. That was so obvious I should have already known it. The manual that didn't come with the BRP was actually more cumbersome than I expected. With my old TV I only had to set the HDMI setting, so I was glad to stop reading about 45 pages of .pdf.

Still, and as always thanks... You folks are the best.!

And thanks re : the TV. I haven't ever seen a 4K TV. Not even in a store, but for that I thing I DID read..! - maybe 200 webpages and half as many reviews..! So I'm looking forward to opening that box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis