Best center for Dolby Atmos

olddog

olddog

Audioholic
I am looking for the best dialog centric center for Dolby Atmos.
Space--24" X 12" x 19"
Denon X3300W
Fronts B&W 705
In ceiling RSL X 4
Subs 2 X Sunfire Sig's
Room size 25' X 30'
The B&W HTS 7 is too high and will not fit. The Denon has a very good Audessey
set up to timber match whatever I put in so I am looking for something that I will not have to turn the volume way up to hear the dialog. Music is not important as I use a different system for that.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmm... well Audyssey doesn't timbre match so that's not really a thing.

What are your main speakers?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What are your main speakers?
B&W 700s

OP, why doesn't it fit? Are you trying to put it in a cubby? Horrible acoustics!
Your best bet is always matching the make of speaker, and model if possible. B&W has its own sound for better or worse, so timbre matching with a different brand is going to be a pain.
In short, you can do it. No biggy. But not knowing your other criteria for "fitting" makes for a fool's errand.

olddog

olddog

Audioholic
It's a cubby hole unless I do an above screen mount to the TV.
24" x 12' X 19' deep
I have been looking at Aperion Versus II, Aperion 5C, and Elac Debut c 6.2 as they have close to the same specs. Most anything has to be better than the Wharfdale Zaldek S2000 center I am using now.

olddog

olddog

Audioholic
Pulled the trigger on a Aperion 5C as they were on close out at a crazy low price with a 60 day home trial.
Thanks all

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You may be able to find a center that performs better in a cubby but it likely won't be timbre matched. I think the cubby is by far the real issue here, not the speaker.

olddog

olddog

Audioholic
I went with Asperion and it seems to blend perfect. Thanks all!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis