Best Buy, Magnolia, Fry's

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hey guys, I'll be going to these stores in San Fo ...

what can I see over there?
what do I expect?
what do I avoid?

are there logitech remotes over there?
whats cheap?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, you aren't going to see anything really exciting in any of them. Magnolia carries the highest end stuff of the 3, but Fry's has the most variety of stuff that you may or may not need...(toasters, washing machines, etc...???)

Where are you going to be? Cuz I'd hit up some real shops if you want to see good stuff.

If you get a chance and want to see some really nice stuff, head over to Music Lovers in Berkeley - just a few min from SF.

Last edited:
jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I agree, try to hit up the real hi-fi shops too. An easy way to find dealers is to surf the websites of all the speaker brands you're interested in and see if they have a dealer in SF.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hmmm, I can't really bring home any big stuff or electronic stuff ... so Im not gonna be checking out speakers or amps. I was thinking along the lines of power management stuff (220v), "universal remote that controls my universe" literally and other small stuff I can take home.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
If your heading up a little more north to the santa rosa area, check out a place called Audio Video Showroom. I got to listen to some pretty nice systems when I visited there a few years back. They also have a bunch of Titanic stuff like pics, artifacts etc.. if your into that kind of thing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis