Best $750 stand mount/ bookshelf's?

nordhaven

nordhaven

Junior Audioholic
What's out there for stand mount or book shelf size speakers in the $750 price range?

Looking for something that can get down to 40hz or so. Most likely vented BR.

Use is gonna be 80% music 20% movies.

A two way TM would be preferable but could be 2.5.

No sub is needed!

Looking for the best buy on top notch sound quality around $750.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have a speaker recommendation (sorry), but I wanted to say that your avatar is wicked cool!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, I do have a suggestion. The first thing that popped into my head was the SVS MBS-01, but they cost $950 + shipping and only go down to 48 Hz. So, I'll suggest looking at the Aperion Audio Intimus 6B. They also are only rated to 48 Hz (-3 dB), but a pair is $700 including shipping. Also, Aperion will pay shipping both ways with no restocking fee if you decide to return them for whatever reason - so there is no risk to you at all to try them out. I know they don't go quite as low as you were asking for, but I thought that I'd throw them out as a suggestion. People that I know (personally and on this forum) have been quite happy with that company.

nordhaven

nordhaven

Junior Audioholic
Adam, Check out this cool trail cam shot!

Thanks for the suggestion! Lets keep them coming.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
For $599 right now you can get the awesome Swan D2.1SE's in Piano Black or for $50 more you can get them in Palisander Rosewood. They are AWESOME musical speakers, but they do love good clean amplifier power.

I picked up some used Aurum Cantus SE's a couple months ago that blew my mind. They had a silky smoothe aluminium ribbon tweeter that just sounded incredible. I got them for about $600. I sold them a little bit ago because i needed money to fuel my main system...i still regret it lol.

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1's are highly recognized speakers. But i have no personal experience with them.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
Yes, a sub is needed.
depends on the setup and listening habits. Also depends on how capable the bookshlef is with lower frequencies. But i will agree subs always make a nice addition.

If you want a small musical sub check out REL or sunfire. They dont take up very much space at all and are excellent quality.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The Sierras are over budget, but the CMT-340s should perform nicely as well.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
In addition to auditioning whatever brands you can find locally I'll second the suggestion for considering some of the internet direct brands.

If I were in your shoes I'd save up another $100 and get the Ascend Sierra-1s.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis