best 2.1 computer speakers?

D

dmbphan041

Enthusiast
I dont really have any need for bookselves or a 5.1 setup at this point, so can anyone suggest a solid set of 2.1 computer speakers?

I was thinking about getting the Logitech Z-2300, or the Klipsch ProMedia set, any other suggestions?

thanks!

-adam

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Axiom has a set of computer speakers that have reviewed well. I personally have not listened to them. Do you have the space for bookshelves?

Fred

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I can not recommend the 2030A Behringer. But I can recommend the 2030P Behringer. The passive version I have personally inspected and measured. It is, flat out, the best value speaker available for even twice it's price, of which I am aware of. This included build quality and measured quality relevant to auditory perception. Power this speaker with 100 watts/channel. You should so some basic mods to it, as you should to any mass produced speaker. Mods include doing very simple things like gluing a certain part that might vibrate, and using some sealer to prevent air leak into the enclosure at a certain spot, and perhaps changing the acoustic stuffing in it to a better grade material with better acoustic properties. Easy stuff that I can describe detailed steps if you so desire. This speaker has useful response down to about 65Hz. So you will need a subwoofer if you real bass output. Use an active xover at about 80-85Hz to ideally integrate with a subwoofer.

-Chris

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Computer speakers

Also check out the Audioengine 2 and 5 powered bookshelf speakers.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have Klipsch Promedia and love them, they sound awesome. I have both the THX certified ones, and the GMX ones, and they are both excellent performers.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Also check out the Audioengine 2 and 5 powered bookshelf speakers.
The AudioEngine is probably the best all inclusive option(built in amp, etc.).

However, the Behringer unit will outperform them if they are compared at mid or far field, due to the unusually superb off axis linearity of the Behringer. Also, based on the AudioEngine 2 measurements on Stereophile; the Behringer will have over-all superior mid-range/treble with cleaner response(better energy decay indicated in CSD) and less sibilance, due to the slight taper down on the Behringer's treble.

-Chris

I

its_bacon12

Audioholic Intern
Klipsche promedia 2.1 the bass iss boomy and just sounds awful to me.. I had a set like 2 years ago and was glad when it broke.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis