H

Hind

Audiophyte
I am just getting into HT as a hobby. I have been doing a lot of reading on the web this evening, especially information at this site regarding power and cables.

I have a quick question regarding Belkin products. They appear to have recently launched a line called "Pure AV" which is aimed at HT buyers. With my tech background, Belkin is a name that I trust, but before I buy any of their AV products I thought I'd ask you all if you've had any experience with them. They appear to offer very fairly priced cables, power conditioning equipment, and issolators. Here are some examples:

12 ft Dual-Link DVI CAble for ~$35:
The PureAV™ DVI Dual-Link Cable from Belkin® delivers the high performance and bandwidth needed true HDTV resolution using dual-link construction. DVI Dual Link transfers data in pure digital form, and reduces cross talk with impedance-matched, twisted-pair construction. It creates virtually precise contact and enhanced durability with corrosion-resistant, 24k gold connectors and ground indents. The triple-layer shielding provides good isolation from electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. The molded-strain relief mechanism prevents wire damage and ensures high reliability. This 12-foot, 24-pin cable is an ideal option for use with your HDTV / digital satellite receiver, plasma TV, LCD TV or monitor, progressive-scan DVD player and digital projector.

Power Conditoning Equipment for less than $300 that seems very comparable to higher end Monster stuff (in my limited opinion):
The Power Console PF60 provides the ultimate power conditioning for serious audiophiles or home theater enthusiasts. With 13 programmable outlets and Phase 6 PureFilter Circuitry, the PF60 has six isolated filters to provide clean and clear power to all of your valuable components. The LCD status display allows users to monitor input voltage and output current on each individual bank of outlets.
Each PureAV Power Console is packed with innovative features, such as Multi-Phase PureFilter™ Circuitry, designed to remove electrical noise and provide clean and clear power to all of your valuable equipment. It isolates audio, video and digital components, and prevents noise created by one connected component from contaminating the entire system.
Built-in Advanced Overvoltage Protection automatically disconnects power from your equipment when the input voltage reaches a dangerous level, and restores power automatically when the voltage returns to a safe level. To deal with threats from sources other than your AC lines, all PureAV Power Consoles come with coaxial cable, pay-per view/phone, and broadband Ethernet line protection.

Advantages
• Level 4 Power Protection
• Phase 6 PureFilter™ Circuitry with isolated Digital, Video, Audio and HiCurrent™ Filters
• Advanced Overvoltage Protection
• Central LCD Control Panel allows you to monitor voltage and current from individual outlet banks
• Programmable outlet banks allow you to set switched and delay functionality for each outlet bank
• Console design fits perfectly in your Home Theater cabinet
• 2 HiCurrent™ Outlets for high-power amplifiers
• Network Protection (RJ45) for Media Streamer Support
• Lifetime Warranty
• $500,000 Connected Equipment Warranty
• 13 Outlets including convenient front auxiliary outlet
• 2 Line telephone/pay-per-view protection with splitter
• 7114 Joules of Surge Protection
• 369,000 Amp Maximum Spike Amperage
• 4 Pairs of Gold Coaxial Connections for coaxial cable line protection
• Heavy Duty 12' SD1000 HiCurrent™ Power Cord (12AWG) with right angle plug

My apologies if this post comes accross as a Belkin commercial. I just thought I'd provide info on these products and ask the opinion of some of the experts and others here on this form.

Again, Belkin has always been know for good quality / good value in the PC world, just wondering if any of you have any experience with their AV products before I take the plunge.

Thanks,
HRB

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis