BDI Axis Home Theater Furniture Review

<font color='#000080'>

I can't tell you how long I've been searching for home theater furniture that could handle the particular design and layout specifications of my Reference System 3.

After looking high and low, I came across a vendor whose products looked very promising. Real wood, high capacity, flexible options. We decided to take a closer look and see if the product was as good in actual use as it looked online.

The results were far better than we even expected.

[Read the Review]</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I'm interested in how open systems like these are with regards to everyday household dust. &nbsp;On one hand I guess being open they are pretty easy to reach in and clean, but obviously they also allow more dust in to get on and in expensive components in the first place. &nbsp;I have always had AV racks etc. with glass doors on the front and even they allowed a fair amount of dust inside. What's your opinion? &nbsp;How bad is dust that gets inside for these expensive systems actually? &nbsp;Is it just a cosmetic issue, or can it advesely effect the interior components?</font>

<font color='#000080'>Good question. I actually think the increased heat dissipation helps the components more than the dust hurts them. There is a fair amount of surface dust on the shelving after a couple of weeks, but we take care of that with a swiffer duster - real quick and easy.

With all of the component swapping around I do, it might not hurt to open up chassis every year or so to check them out, but overall I would think this is a non-issue - except for aesthetics of having to dust the glass, etc.

I actually love how I don't have to mess around now to gain access to my components.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have the 8082 and I concur this is the best value on the market. &nbsp;I looked hard at Bello, Sanus, Salamander, Billy Bags and others and no one even came close to offering the same number of shelves, weight-capcity/shelf, and decor. &nbsp;BDI should be the frst place you look if you are in market for HT furniture. &nbsp;

They are a bit pricey but places like Unique Style Solutions offer very good prices and in my case free shipping which is a huge savings.

The stand is very accomodating and solid it does not vibrate at all and even has wheels to aid when you ahve to move it. &nbsp;On top of all that the wire mangement makes the wires very incospicuous. &nbsp;Highly Reccomended!!Unique Style Solutions</font>

P

Paul F

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Hi Aaron,
Nice referral, but what gives?  When I tried to find BDI products under &quot;audio stands&quot;, &quot;tv stands&quot; and &quot;entertainment centers&quot; - &nbsp;on that link, they aren't listed!  Found lots of mirrors etc. when I did a search on &quot;bdi&quot; but even when I did a search on &quot;bdi 8082&quot; it still came back with no results!!!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Clint,

Very nice. Matches your speakers perfectly. I especially like the rounded inside corners of the front face.

I have a custom made Billy Bags open design rack. It can support the space shuttle but it lacks the nice cable management of the BDI. (I couldn't pass up a bargain. I sent BB my custom design on another store's graph paper, they mistakenly quoted me distributor pricing, I paid $1000 for a $1700 rack even though I told them the truth.)

There seems to two holes in the rear panel for cable access, top and bottom. I assume there is routing space between the intermediate glass shelves and the inside of the back panel for routing cables to the holes. Is this correct?

BTW, is that a piano you have your projector on? The piano and mirror also match the system. Was that a fluke?

Edit: sorry, forgot to note there was no mention of list price.

Also please note I should not be confused with the other unregistered Paul F.</font>

P

Paul F

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Thanks hawke for the link! &nbsp;This is seriously nice AV furniture.

PaulF - Hi! &nbsp;I registered this way the same day I posted my first 'unregistered' post - it's the same way I'm registered on other boards I'm a member of. &nbsp;I understand you not wanting confusion, and as I'm the newer member, if this is causing you angst I'll gladly re-register with another user name -ok?</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis