Batman V Superman: Ultimate Edition

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
maxresdefault (1).jpg

So with all the buzz around AT&T forcing DC/Warner to "release the Snyder cut" of Justice League on HBO Max (come to think of it, that deserves a thread too...) I dug into BvS: UE and discovered that almost an hour was cut out of the theatrical version and this extended version has a lot of what's missing in what we got. I found a copy on Amazon Prime for $5.37 and ordered it. It's over 3 hours long, but I read it makes the original quite a bit better.

So... has anyone seen the ultimate edition? I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I liked it, but then again I had low expectations after all the badmouthing it got. I have only seen the extended version. This movie will pummel you. It is very bombastic and nearly 3 hours long. Might want to take an aspirin beforehand. I think it is relatively well made, and that is coming from someone who is not generally a fan of comic book movies.

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
This movie is part of my 4k collection but I have yet to watch the ultimate edition. Since California is shutting down again I just might watch it this weekend.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Got my blu ray already! Gotta love amazon prime, lol. I'm gonna check it out tonight. Just gotta make sure I budget the time for it...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you ever watch HISHE (How It Should Have Ended)? They always feature batman and supes at the "Super Cafe" after every skit where they drink coffee and lampoon whatever the episode was about. A new supervillain appeared named "Martha" to defeat them... lol. I'm doing a horrible job trying to describe it... here.

And don't forget the villain pub... Darth Sidious is the bartender. Thanos is his janitor and cleans the toilets... lol.

They have a ton of skits that make fun of movies and plotholes. Most are under 5 minutes long.

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
I will definitely add that to my watchlist, thanks for sharing! :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
View attachment 37987

So with all the buzz around AT&T forcing DC/Warner to "release the Snyder cut" of Justice League on HBO Max (come to think of it, that deserves a thread too...) I dug into BvS: UE and discovered that almost an hour was cut out of the theatrical version and this extended version has a lot of what's missing in what we got. I found a copy on Amazon Prime for $5.37 and ordered it. It's over 3 hours long, but I read it makes the original quite a bit better.

So... has anyone seen the ultimate edition? I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.
Having watched both versions (theatrical and Ultimate cut) the ultimate cut is the way to go. Provides so much more smaller details throughout. It's like Snyders Watchmen, I can only watch the directors cut of that movie. I don't waste time watching the theatrical version.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I assume there is no UHD 4K / Atmos version of the ultimate cut?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the theatrical version when it first came out. I need to watch the Extended/Ultimate Edition.

BTW, BvS was shot using the Arri Alexa XT 4K digital camera and mastered in 4K digital.

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
I'll watch it on the 65" LG CX to experience the quality of Dolby Vision.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Having watched both versions (theatrical and Ultimate cut) the ultimate cut is the way to go. Provides so much more smaller details throughout. It's like Snyders Watchmen, I can only watch the directors cut of that movie. I don't waste time watching the theatrical version.
I must say I completely agree with you. While the extended version doesn't turn it into a masterpiece, it's still quite a bit better than the theatrical version, imo. It makes more sense and goes a lot deeper into humanity learning aliens are a thing and concerns over the possibility of supes breaking bad. It also explores more of Batman's visions of the future and his interactions with Diana Prince. She fits in a lot better. They cut a fair amount of her story out. It fills in and sets up Justice League better. At least the one Zach intended originally.

Batman is still vengeful, bloodthirsty and hell bent on murdering superman. If anything even morseo, lol. I was feeling for the purists who know that Batman's code doesn't allow for killing or using a gun. They have a point, lol. However, I think the warehouse rescue scene of supes' mom is the best version of ass kicking Batman badassery we've gotten on film yet. It's such a well choreographed fight scene. Bravo to the stunt team who put it together.

It didn't fix the Martha moment, but it at least shows you it's the last word young Bruce heard his father say when his parents were murdered in front of him. I don't think they showed that in the theatrical cut.

*Edit: I put spoiler tags just in case, but is there really anyone here thinking about watching this that hasn't seen the original version yet?

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
I recall getting excited about BvS when a billboard was shown in the movie "I Am Legend" :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis