Bass shaker recemmendations.

P

paulwgraber

Audioholic Intern
Id like to add a couple bass shakers to my listening position couch. I have a Onkyo RZ50 with an RSL Sub on the main sub out port. I have no electric outlets by the couch as my couch is run by local battery power. Couch is about 15 feet back and literal in the middle of the room. I have a floating wood floor and there is a small gap from the end couch to the front wall where (MAYBE???) I can snake speaker wire under but not crazy about dring a hole in my floor but I could probably do it.

Recommendations for a decent inexpensive shaker and maybe some setup ideas.
Thx
PG

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Id like to add a couple bass shakers to my listening position couch. I have a Onkyo RZ50 with an RSL Sub on the main sub out port. I have no electric outlets by the couch as my couch is run by local battery power. Couch is about 15 feet back and literal in the middle of the room. I have a floating wood floor and there is a small gap from the end couch to the front wall where (MAYBE???) I can snake speaker wire under but not crazy about dring a hole in my floor but I could probably do it.

Thx
PG
You would be better off asking about this over on AVS...there are threads about shakers there.
I doubt many here are versed in these devices.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
As isolar8001 stated Probably better checking out AVS site. But maybe try out one of these, sorry Couldn't help myself. ;) but yeah some do use Bass Shakers, Usually installed near or even in sofa or very close to seating area.

1724183723714.png

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Thx
PG
As others have said, we don't get into bass shakers, as the last thing members here would need is more floor shaking. We get quite enough of that from our speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As mentioned. AVS has a few threads on it. Although they’re about 5 miles long lol.
The TR thread, and the hideaway theater are good starts.
For just quick recommendations, crowson and Clark are good TR devices. Dayton has one that’s affordable, but some of the cheaper ones feel like on/off more than linear extensions of bass. I have a “hover couch”. Basically I mounted a subwoofer driver to a baffle in my couch and it sound sits on isobaric rubber isolators. The couch makes zero sound, and only acts as a TR(tactile response) device operating from about 22hz and lower. My subs are useful down to 14hz or so but my house is on a concrete slab. So a lot of the bass energy gets absorbed. I do not like my couch to shake unnaturally and that’s why I don’t run it up much past 20hz. Just want a nice extension. The subwoofer driver feels like a natural extension of the in room subs as opposed to some of the shakers that just feel weird. So yeah. I’d build a hover BOSS or some version of that. Cable will be tricky but there are many solutions for that.
Also. Being in the middle of the room is the worst place you can be for bass. You may want to experiment with the placement of the couch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use a Clark tactile transducer mounted in my sofa, use one of my pro amps same as my subs, just run speaker wire as am short on outlets to locate the amp any closer. One end of my long sofa is near a wall to hide the speaker wire...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis