bass management blues

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
recently set up Yamaha rxa3070, running def techs bp2000 with built in sub and running pair of akg turbo sound 18"sound reinforcement speakers for subwoofers but Yamaha receiver won't let me send bass to both front channels and subwoofers!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There should be a config for "SUB+MAINS" or "BOTH" in the bass management somewhere. Yamaha and Onkyo were the first ones I saw with that. Normally it isn't the best idea to do this, which is why some don't have it.

Other option is a Y splitter.

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
thanks, can't find that option in menu, wanted to run both to help out at higher volumes.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Should be good if you set your mains to large. Looks like the xover will only come into play on speakers set to small.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
recently set up Yamaha rxa3070, running def techs bp2000 with built in sub and running pair of akg turbo sound 18"sound reinforcement speakers for subwoofers but Yamaha receiver won't let me send bass to both front channels and subwoofers!
Extra Bass feature will allow this.

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
MR.DellaSala can't thank you enough for the tip, been watching you videos on u tube find them extremely interesting and entertaining just came across your forum and has been a great help. thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Main + LFE, Double Bass, Extra Bass....be nice if all the avrs would label sound modes the same but....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis