Basic COD4: World at War Question

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Basic question - If I am on a PS3 and my friends are on computers, can we still all play cooperatively or against each other on-line? Or do we all need to be on the same platform?

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I know for a 360 you can't do it, so I would think that it would be the same for a ps3. BTW, cod 5 is world at war and 4 is modern warfare ;)

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
No, you can not, would be sweet if you could, but it would be unfair to the PS3 players XD

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
There are Xbox games that allow cross platform play but as far as I know Call of Duty is not one of them. Ito is right though. The PC gamers would have a big advantage with a mouse vs joystick.Supposedly Microsoft has some sort of thing that is supposed to make it "fair". I don't know how that works.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Rats - I am generally a PC gamer, but have had a PS3 for a year now (as a Blu-ray player). Played Modern Warfare with a friend over the weekend on a PS3 and enjoyed it, so I figured I would try World at War on the PS3. Its great to play on the big screen (106" projector system); but it would be great to play with my friends (neither of which have a PS3) - maybe I need to get the PC version so we can all play.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
You could buy the PC version and hook up your PC the big screen ;) . I do that regularly with both my projector and TV. I have a sound card with DTS interactive so I get full surround in games via coax digital. Me and a friend play Crysis a lot. He's the only one I know with a PC fast enought to run it. That game is awesome on the big screen with big sound. Even though not many people seem to play that game online there is still a steady stream of very well done maps and mods because of the very powerful map editor they included.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I have considered that, but the computer (at least the one I will use) and the projector are in very different parts of the house. I have a "media pc" in the room with the projector, but the comp in the office is 100 times better (Crysis on "very high").

I haven't played Crysis online yet, but often play the single player.

Returning the COD: WAW and the extra controllers I bought tomorrow. Have the game on order with a new gaming headset which should arrive in a couple of days.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
have considered that, but the computer (at least the one I will use) and the projector are in very different parts of the house.
Maybe yours is in a "more different" part of the house but my PC is in a different room and I solved that problem with 60 feet of HDMI, a wireless mouse, and a USB extension cable for the keyboard. Crysis in 1080p on very high is nice. :) COD 4 is too. I haven't bought World at War but I probably will some day. I'm really waiting for Modern Warfare 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Different floors across the house. I have a 24" monitor, so shouldn't be too bad.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis