Bang for buck but...?

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Hello everyone,
First time, long time. I am looking to replace our living room(low to medium day light at max majority of viewing time)HDTV with a 'Plug and play' type,55-60 inch,4 if possible HDMIs,good-not-best possible-PQ available,bang for buck OLED, or LED(still like plasma, but know no new sets being made or sold with 4K,HRD,etc..)if they, LED, will do the trick for moderate TV watching.(40% approx sports watching, on this proposed set.And here's the kicker LOL: A Samsung would be my preferred choice. But,would definitely be willing to go with a different brand, if it's necessary.(2016 suggested models okay too) Not a lot to ask for, right?
Any and all advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Joe

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The only thing that can come close to the black levels on plasma sets are OLED's right now. You didn't give us a price range to work with, though, so not sure if that's more than you'd want to spend.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
The only thing that can come close to the black levels on plasma sets are OLED's right now. You didn't give us a price range to work with, though, so not sure if that's more than you'd want to spend.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
I was just about to correct that error. Thank you for pointing that out though. $800 would be A maximum spending budget for this particular TV. Also, I should mention, that my Sister has an Amazon prime account, that can be used to purchase this TV if that helps us out at all. Thank you again. Joe

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sony, Samsung and Vizio all have decent sets in that range. I have a Sony 700D 55" and it's very nice for the price. Nothing compared to my 65" Panasonic VT60 plasma, but I didn't expect it to be.

I've seen the Samsung 6300 series in that size and think Vizio and Sony have a superior picture. IIRC Vizio has local dimming which will enhance black level.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
OK, one other question form me. :) Why are you looking to replace your current tv? If it's the one listed in your sig I'd be compelled to keep it.

I had a Vizio with the full array local dimming setup that Pantera is talking about. I found it to be a bit distracting, among other issues that I had with Vizio.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
OK, one other question form me. :) Why are you looking to replace your current tv? If it's the one listed in your sig I'd be compelled to keep it.
Keeping that plasma.(63 inch Samsung- is the theater room TV in our basement)Putting the proposed new TV in our LR.

I had a Vizio with the full array local dimming setup that Pantera is talking about. I found it to be a bit distracting, among other issues that I had with Vizio.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis