Banana plugs for Yamaha receiver RX-S602

G

Gep

Enthusiast
Hi, I've just bought banana plugs hoping to use them with my AV receiver Yamaha RX-S602.
But unfortunately they are way too big. I've watched this video which explains how to remove the inner plastic centres, which is great:

However, even after removing the plastic centres, the banana plugs are still too big.
The RX-S602 user manual is not very helpful, just talks about "banana plugs" but doesn't specify the size. These are the plugs I've bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BYR4KBT
Any suggestions?
Many thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well banana plug is not a standard unfortunately....they vary a bit. Seems to me I've read in the UK they did use a thinner "pin" version for such connections....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's supposed to be standard size- unfortunately, some companies feel the need to make changes to their stuff, to be 'just a bit different' from the rest, which makes it incompatible, in far too many cases.

If you don't plan to disconnect the speaker wires on a regular basis, don't bother with any kind of plug- they aren't necessary and they don't "add" to the sound. IMO, they cause more problems than they're worth in too many cases- they increase the needed depth for the receiver or amp in a cabinet, they can be bent if stressed by wires pulling up/down/right/left, they can short, they can pull out and the wires can come out due to vibrations.

Banana plugs were never designed to be used when equipment would be connected and left alone for long periods- they were designed for convenience in applications that required quick connect/disconnect, like test labs, commercial/industrial and they NEVER used gold plating until the audiopile market told people they were Lepers if their plugs didn't have some kind of pretty plating, a story behind them and some kind of endorsement by someone who is to be believed in everything they say.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis