ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
I found the GLS to be lacking... I'm not 100% sure it's the plugs fault... but I've noticed that the plugs do not fit snugly in the connections of the back of my speakers. The plug is not flush against the female socket on the speaker. Now if I back out the "washer" of the speaker connection, it would fit flush against the female contact.

The male piece does seem to be making a good connection, it's just not flush against the insert.

now when I insert the plug in to my wall plate it does fit in flush. Maybe it's just my speaker contacts?

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
ducker said:
I found the GLS to be lacking... I'm not 100% sure it's the plugs fault... but I've noticed that the plugs do not fit snugly in the connections of the back of my speakers. The plug is not flush against the female socket on the speaker. Now if I back out the "washer" of the speaker connection, it would fit flush against the female contact.

The male piece does seem to be making a good connection, it's just not flush against the insert.

now when I insert the plug in to my wall plate it does fit in flush. Maybe it's just my speaker contacts?
ducker,

it is definitely the plug's fault. i found some go in flush, others don't, into same socket. it seems some pins must be a little wider at the base where it joins that prevents if from going in all the way. just poor quality control.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Well, the same plug wouldn't fit in my wall plate, but not in to my speaker input... I figured it was the plug. perhaps all their plugs are like that... or just some. I'll check tonight.

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
ducker said:
Well, the same plug wouldn't fit in my wall plate, but not in to my speaker input... I figured it was the plug. perhaps all their plugs are like that... or just some. I'll check tonight.
let us know what happens. is it the same plug in different outlets?

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Yea. easily fits in to wall plate, and I'm assuming back of my receiver (Yama RX-V550) but not in the back of my speakers (Athena Audition series)

If they don't fit properly I might in fact return it, and request a refund, and just go with bare wire. (save myself the $30+ or so)

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
double checked on a few of my speakers with a few more plugs. They don't fit. :/
Although, I ordered 15 pairs... I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking.. heh.
As I could use 12 pairs connecting wire to my receiver, and the wall plates, and then use just bare wire for the connections to the speakers... I'm not sure how much its worth it to return 3 pairs of plugs for like $8... or just keep them for the hell of it...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis