BAG END 3.1 HT or STUDIO SPEAKER SYSTEM

H

HTnewbie

Junior Audioholic
BAG END HOME THEATER OR HOME/PRO STUDIO SPEAKER SYSTEM

This package includes:

(3) Bag End MM-8H Time-Align 8" 2-way Coaxial Loud Speakers
(1) Bag End INFRASUB-12 Home Powered Sub-woofer System (400 watts)
(1) Custom 12-v 3-prong power cord built by me

These speakers were purchased in 2005 and used intermittently in a home theater setting for seven years. They have been in a climate-controlled storage for the past six years. We now live in an apartment and I cannot use these awesome and loud speakers.

Bag End is known for its professional and studio speakers and well regarded for their audio performance, particularly as studio and mixing monitors. But there was a home oriented line as well and represented here. These speakers provided quite good HT experience in a Yamaha 7.1 system with in-ceiling Polks and two beta versions of Bag End's in-wall speakers as the front presence. While some reviewers back then knocked the Bag End sub for its claims of clean sound down to 8hz, we always found it having more than adequate punch in our setting.

In an interview back then, the owner of Bag End noted that Eric Clapton used the MM-8 and larger 18" INFRASUB in his home's recording studio.

The MM-8H are nearly exactly the same as the current MM-8 units except the H or home units did not have the cross-over circuitry accessed through the front of the current speakers. The INFRASUB-12 HOME was a variant of their PRO version then with less sophisticated in-sub processing.

In 2005, the MSRP for the MM-8H was $1,200 each and the INFRASUB-12 HOME was $1,945. Total MSRP for all three was $5,545 back then.

These speakers are in mint condition with no blemishes on the cabinets, front mesh intact and clean and no deterioration of the cones. No rust, wood rot, mold, etc. They are fully functional.

I am offering all four units for $2,000 plus the cost of shipping to your location. Rough estimates for UPS Ground are $50-80 for each MM8 and $100-130 for the sub.

They are also available for pickup in the Palm Beach Florida area.

Photos below and spec sheets are attached.

Please ask questions.

ALL FOUR UNITS

Image 8.jpg

MM-8H FRONT

Image 33.jpg

SUB FRONT, REAR, INFO AND CONNECTIONS

Image 14.jpg

Image 15.jpg

Image 35.jpg

Image 38.jpg

Image 37.jpg

Image 43.jpg

Attachments

H

HTnewbie

Junior Audioholic
That’s a lot of cash.
Yes, but it is also a lot of speakers.

And unless you live in South Florida, I have to ship and that is not cheap if done right.

Are you just making a casual observation or do you have some level of interest?

P

prerich

Audioholic Intern
Most people don't know that's a lot of speaker you're selling. I had custom Mercedes black automotive finish M6's and could only get $500....for all three :( !!!! I hope you can get every penny because they're really worth it!!!! GLWYS!!!!!!!!

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic

And unless you live in South Florida, I have to ship and that is not cheap if done right.

I live in Lake Mary. Just north east of Orlando
Off of I/4

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@HTnewbie I know you're probably not visiting our little forums, but If I were you, I'd post it on gearslutz forums

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic

I do have a high level of interest in them
But with Christmas into back-to-back birthdays in June you worry cash is pretty tight
And we are going to try to buy a house in February
so I’m stuck to just bartering anything audio wise

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis