KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I posted a link to a review of the M-audio M3-8's in a thread last night.
It was a review by Clint DeBoer, who used to be here on AH.

When I save it, this gets reassigned to an audioholics address and does not function.

Just curious what is happening here.

Seems like I remember something about bad robot hacking or otherwise attacking the AH website, but I did not find it in a search.

PS: The title I gave this thread was "bad robot?", LOL!
Okay, the term that gets turned into "Bad Robot" is "Audio gurus" without the space.

Last edited:
Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
I posted a link to a review of the M-audio M3-8's in a thread last night.
It was a review by Clint DeBoer, who used to be here on AH.

When I save it, this gets reassigned to an audioholics address and does not function.

Just curious what is happening here.

Seems like I remember something about bad robot hacking or otherwise attacking the AH website, but I did not find it in a search.

PS: The title I gave this thread was "bad robot?", LOL!
Okay, the term that gets turned into "Bad Robot" is "Audio gurus" without the space.
I found that link in the M-Audio M3-6 overview last week,hit the same wall as you - http://www.audioholics.com/combo-pack-ebooks/learn/speakers/bookshelf/m-audio-m3-8-studio-monitors/1704

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That url/name is blocked on this website.
That is the mechanics of it, but I am curious about the reason behind it.
What's up with Clint?
I see he is banned here!
Did he go rogue? Or just working for a competitor?
"Enquiring minds want to know!"

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That is the mechanics of it, but I am curious about the reason behind it.
What's up with Clint?
I see he is banned here!
Did he go rogue? Or just working for a competitor?
"Enquiring minds want to know!"
Who knows. He's part owner of bad robot and they seem to have a fair number of sub and speaker articles that vaguely resemble AH's. Perhaps that was the misconduct?

I noticed he was banned awhile ago with the "misconduct" sig line.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
All I can find JJ Abrams Bad Robot Productions. What is this about speaker reviews?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
To read his old reviews is telling of how much editing went in to his writing, juxtaposed with the awful robot blog. Although strict, I suspect Gene guilty of being too nice for too long.

I am happy to hear he found his true calling as a salesperson and part time blogger.

And can only imagine the legal fees associated with this...

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
To read his old reviews is telling of how much editing went in to his writing, juxtaposed with the awful robot blog.
To be fair, most articles published here require a good amount of editing to get right.

Last edited:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What's up with Clint?
It's complicated. The blog/store that shall not be named was certainly a big part of the story. From Clint's perspective, he wasn't sure what the future held for his employment with AH, so he started branching out. Part of that was starting up protoolreviews.com and spending more time at AG. Unfortunately, he didn't tell Gene what he was up to, which came across as going behind his back.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's complicated. The blog/store that shall not be named was certainly a big part of the story. From Clint's perspective, he wasn't sure what the future held for his employment with AH, so he started branching out. Part of that was starting up protoolreviews.com and spending more time at AG. Unfortunately, he didn't tell Gene what he was up to, which came across as going behind his back.
Thanks. From what I could tell, Clint didn't seem like the kind of guy who would go out of the way to cause problems. I can understand him wanting a backup plan (and being reluctant to share that with Gene) and understand Gene feeling betrayed. Unfortunate, but $h!t happens.
Appreciate the info!

I doubt Clint has much to say about the name debacle. I'd imagine that was decided at the store manager (or owner) level.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis