V

Vincent65

Audiophyte
Hello Forum. New member here. Be gentle. I just purchased a couple of WM6 outside speakers. Does anyone know how to take them apart? They are covered with rubber/plastic material. Thanks.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello Forum. New member here. Be gentle. I just purchased a couple of WM6 outside speakers. Does anyone know how to take them apart? They are covered with rubber/plastic material. Thanks.
What are you wanting to do? Typically the only way inside is thru the drivers and thru the speaker terminal cup.

V

Vincent65

Audiophyte
What are you wanting to do? Typically the only way inside is thru the drivers and thru the speaker terminal cup.
I’m trying to take the speaker apart to inspect the woofer and tweeter. Then I’m planning to paint all pieces in black. I’m hoping to find someone that has taken the speaker apart. The speaker is insulated for moister so there are no visible fasteners. I can probably take it apart but hoping not to damage speaker housing.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I’m trying to take the speaker apart to inspect the woofer and tweeter. Then I’m planning to paint all pieces in black. I’m hoping to find someone that has taken the speaker apart. The speaker is insulated for moister so there are no visible fasteners. I can probably take it apart but hoping not to damage speaker housing.
Nothing to it, just remove the grill and unmount the drivers. Use a curved pic to pull the grill off. If your not hearing any issues I wouldn't take the drivers out if they have been outdoors a while, gaskets could be brittle and fall apart.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis