J

jbellx3

Audiophyte
Hi all! I'm looking to get some new floor speakers and have it down to B&W 603 or Monitor Silver 300. Could you give me your thoughts? Any help here would be great!!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Monitor Audio All Day.

I've auditioned the Silvers and the B&W 600 series towers. It was night and day between the two. I ended up listening to the Silver 300 and 500 for about 2 hours total. I had the guy remove the B&W towers after 3 switches between several different speakers including Martin Logan Motion 40s and Kef R11s (and a few others that were as equally inconsequential as the B&Ws).

Yes people like the B&Ws. However if you look at review/measurementss for the 600 and 700 series speakers, you see flawed product with poor FR (neither flat nor accurate) and poor electrical behavior (very low impedance with bad phase angles).

End of the day, you should listen for yourself and do the research. It is your Ducats, after all. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Neither review really bags on the speakers... but look at the measurements with a critical eye. ;)

FWIW, I did not buy the Monitor Audios... but I would have been a happy owner if I had, I think. *shrugs

Cheers!

J

jbellx3

Audiophyte

Neither review really bags on the speakers... but look at the measurements with a critical eye. ;)

FWIW, I did not buy the Monitor Audios... but I would have been a happy owner if I had, I think. *shrugs

Cheers!
Thanks for your help!

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I'd pick the Monitor Audio also. But it's best if you can hear them side-by-side and make your own decision.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hi all! I'm looking to get some new floor speakers and have it down to B&W 603 or Monitor Silver 300. Could you give me your thoughts? Any help here would be great!!!
Is this for two channel or home theater or both?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis