B&W CM Center 2 S2 vs CM Center 2

O

Omer

Audiophyte
Guys,

I saw an update on Center does any one know diference between

CM Center 2 S2 and center 2 ?

I need to upgrade , should i worry about new S2 update?

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
CM Centre 2 S2 has sensitivity 89db / Frequency 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB / power handling 200W 8ohms
http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Speakers/Home_Audio/CM_Series/CM-Centre-2-S2.html

Not sure what the cost diffrences are between the two no doubt the CM 2 S2, will cost you a bit more.

Plenty of good ones secondhand no shame in that if they are in good working condition. So what if it has a few scuffs as long as its not been chewed on by the family dog and doesn't have cones beating up then secondhand for older B&W centre if that is what you wish to buy. I'd look about ebay, before committing and parting money.

Personally I'd buy the same B&W that your using for left/right for timber identical balance.

CM Centre S2 has sensitivity 87db / Frequency 70Hz - 28kHz ±3dB / power handling 120W 8ohms
http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Speakers/Home_Audio/CM_Series/CM-Centre-S2.html

O

Omer

Audiophyte
Thanks for your post. I am comparing an old CM Center 2 with new CM Center 2

they both have 3 way
and want to know if i pick up an old model Center 2 , will this be fine or should spend extra for current version?

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
The CM centre 2S2 is 3-way

The CM centre S2 is 2-way

I know your counting the drives which in a way to most people might make sense but the passive crossover dividing network for CM centre 2S2 is 3-way. 1 the two Bass divers 2 the middle range and 3 the high range.

You should ask for a home trail against the current left-right your using to see how the CM centre 2S2 is 3-way fairs with the rest and within the room itself.

B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
The CM centre 2S2 is 3-way

The CM centre S2 is 2-way

I know your counting the drives which in a way to most people might make sense but the passive crossover dividing network for CM centre 2S2 is 3-way. 1 the two Bass divers 2 the middle range and 3 the high range.

You should ask for a home trail against the current left-right your using to see how the CM centre 2S2 is 3-way fairs with the rest and within the room itself.

B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
I am also considering upgrading from the CMC2 to the Cmc2 S2. Very confusing on the names by the way. CM series have been upgraded but wondered if anyone has listened to these side by side. My dealer does not have them in stock and would have to order one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis