B&W ASW 610XP Subwoofer Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The B&W ASW 610XP sealed powered subwoofer system utilizes a high quality Kevlar/pulp resin 10" driver powered by a 500 watt class D amplifier. Carrying an $1,199 retail price, this sub sports impressive parts quality, built in user adjustable EQ, and manages to deliver quality bass out of a very small enclosure. We found the ASW 610XP to be very musical and best suited for supplementation of bass shy speakers, or small listening venues. The attention to detail and design execution are first rate and this sub is built like tank. The ASW 610XP receives our Bassoholics "Small Room" recommendation. Being the smallest and lightest subwoofer yet tested via our new subwoofer measurement protocol, it is no surprise that it isn't an SPL champion, but the B&W sub does offer good performance from very minimal space.

Discuss "B&W ASW 610XP Subwoofer Review" here. Read the article.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Good to hear that the big manufacturers are stepping up and putting out solid subs finally. Price tag is still a bit steep though.

N

nickboros

Audioholic
It is good to see an honest review of a sub such as this. In most other print magazines this sub would be reviewed as part of a 5.1 system I'm sure that the B&W speaker system would come highly recommended. But, for $1200 you can get much more of a sub for your money, even if the small size is a requirement. Those same print magazines, I've seen review $3000 to $4000 subs that don't have the output and extension of say the SVS Ultra 13 and again the reviewer may highly recommend it as part of a 5.1 speaker system.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
The specs (and price) are similar to the Dayton Titanic MKIII 15. However, I bet the B&W is more musical than the Dayton.

For that $1k though, I'd probably skip both the B&W and the Dayton (I spent way less on my Dayton.) and audition the Hsu ULS-15 instead. (15Hz for a sealed sub!)

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
A very "revealing" review - typical of this site. Not typical of past B&W product reviews from other sources (i.e. print publications).

Any chance for a review of their flagship DB1?

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
This just shows sometimes price does not match performance. $1200 bucks seems to be for the B&W branding.. But hey, wise sub shoppers will by pass this and seek better performing subs at more attractive prices

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This just shows sometimes price does not match performance. $1200 bucks seems to be for the B&W branding.. But hey, wise sub shoppers will by pass this and seek better performing subs at more attractive prices
It's interesting to me that this sub has about the exact same output capabilities of the Emotiva Ultra Sub 12. B&W seemed to really eek out a lot of performance out of a small enclosure with a 10" driver, but it certainly doesn't come cheap.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis