B-Tech BT77 speaker mounts.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Great to see a picture of a fellow AH! We see gear all of the time, but rarely do we get a glimpse of the 'holics behind the gear. :) Nice to put a face with the name. Thanks, Ric!

J

Jman223

Audiophyte
14"

Will the B-TECH BT77 work with a speaker that has a lot of depth? I want to mount RTi A3's on the wall, which are 14" deep.

My room's only about 11x9 and I have lots of stuff in it so I need to save space by hopefully getting the speakers up on the wall. I looked around and it seems the BT77 is the best option to go with, but the web site says the maximum speaker depth is 13". Any thoughts?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Will the B-TECH BT77 work with a speaker that has a lot of depth? I want to mount RTi A3's on the wall, which are 14" deep.

My room's only about 11x9 and I have lots of stuff in it so I need to save space by hopefully getting the speakers up on the wall. I looked around and it seems the BT77 is the best option to go with, but the web site says the maximum speaker depth is 13". Any thoughts?
I've got the BT77b holding up my PSB Image B15s

Size (W x H x D)
Millimeters 178 x 343 x 248 mm
Inches 7 x 13 1/2 x 9 3/4"
Net Weight
Kilograms 5.5 kg /each
Pounds 12 lb /each

The maximum width speaker these stands will take is 11"

Your speakers measure
Polk Audio RTi A3 - speaker
Manufacturer: Polk Audio, Inc.
Part Number: RTIA3C
Specifications:
Type of speaker: bookshelf ; Dimensions (WxDxH): 14.8 in x 8.4 in x 14 in

They won't fit your polks.

J

Jman223

Audiophyte
Type of speaker: bookshelf ; Dimensions (WxDxH): 14.8 in x 8.4 in x 14 in

They won't fit your polks.
Your dimension numbers are right, but for the wrong dimensions. Look at the Polk Audio site - they are (HxWxD) [not WxDxH] 14.8" x 8.4" x 14"

polkaudio.com/homeaudio/rtia/specs.php#bookshelf

So I think the limiting factor would be the 14" depth. Any thoughts on whether it would fit?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Your dimension numbers are right, but for the wrong dimensions. Look at the Polk Audio site - they are (HxWxD) [not WxDxH] 14.8" x 8.4" x 14"

polkaudio.com/homeaudio/rtia/specs.php#bookshelf

So I think the limiting factor would be the 14" depth. Any thoughts on whether it would fit?
Its possible the dimesnions I posted for the Polks are incorrect becuase I pulled them from a review site, and not from Polk. Well, if what you say is correct, it means that you'll have alot of over hang over the front of the base. That can be overcome if you use a small screw and screw the base to the bottom of the speaker. I've done that with by PSBs. I also believe that the side clmaps also has a hole in which you can insert a screw. The problme with that is you now have a blemish in the side of your speaker cabinet should you want to use the speakers outside of the brackets. :)

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
This is really great info; we offer this for our speakers, and everyone who's purchased this bracket from us also loves 'em. Seems they hit all the quality marks on the nose. Really glad to read all the positive feedback. Thanks for the info!

F

footedchicken

Audiophyte
Nice setup, warpdrv

In my case, I mounted the BT77's with a couple of heavy duty wall anchors, so I drilled a hole through the metal plate and cover to run the wire. Didn't have a stud where I needed it, but the anchors are holding well...
Hey Guys,

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I have a pair of these mounts and if memory serves me right, someone here used to have a photo posted of how they'd drilled these to allow the cable through?? If so is there any chance someone could link or send me a photo please as I think it was a great idea and would like to do similar to mine please? I was pretty sure it was Thrang???

Help please:eek:

Cheers,

Footed Chicken

G

garytonner

Audiophyte
Re: speaker mounts

B-2s are sweet! the quality was indeed woth the penny! screws and locking nuts actually, are not a big issue. just in case you want them to swivel just loosen those nuts for your directional issues. you may use adhesive tapes or just strap them with nice pair of black strips all over. That speaker mount problems was really worth taking time here. Specially those who have home theater system, (like what i bought in Ottawa) who I happened to have some problems on how am i going to mount them the best way.

@stau: you may contact your speaker providers just in case they have mounts for your speaker. Check few blogs or sites that provide some theater system or speakers with mounts around your place. I recommend, try to visit spodesign.com see they have mounts for you.

J

james7266

Audiophyte
B-Tech BT77 speaker mounts. Reply to Thread

Thanks for the suggestions friend's

kmanpilkers

kmanpilkers

Audiophyte
For Cambridge Audio S20 speakers?

Hi guys,

I have a pair of Cambridge Audio S20 bookshelf speakers. They are 129mm wide, but this product, the BT77 states the min spec of the speaker it will hold at 135mm. I'm guessing this is pretty strict and the clamp won't screw any smaller than this. A shame as I like the look of this product (and it's getting some nice reviews here). My questions are:

1) Could I add something else (like a foam pad) alongside the bottom of the speakers to enable this mount to hold them, or would that be too dangerous in your experience of this product?

2) If the above is not possible, can anyone recommend a decent product that will fit these speakers?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Kev

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I wouldn't recommend using the BT77 in your case. Speakers vibrate, and this could loosen your makeshift widening to the point where the speaker will fall out. Also, I think the foam you are talking about would loose its tension after awhile, and again, you have a falling speaker. You might give these speaker mounts a try.

kmanpilkers

kmanpilkers

Audiophyte
Thanks for the advice - I will try out the different mounts.

G

goldyn chyld

Audiophyte
Hey guys,

recently I purchased a pair of Audioengine A5+ powered speakers and I'm considering mounting them on the wall with BT77.

The speakers' dimensions are: 10.75" (27cm) x 7" (18cm) x 7.75" (20cm).

However, on the back of the left speaker there's also a heat sink, which adds another 0.75" to its depth, hence it's 8.50".

As these are active speakers, they need to be placed at least 6" from the wall for better bass response. I'm concerned that with BT77 this won't be possible. What is the furthest from the wall they can be on this mount?

Thanks.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
The speakers' dimensions are: 10.75" (27cm) x 7" (18cm) x 7.75" (20cm).

However, on the back of the left speaker there's also a heat sink, which adds another 0.75" to its depth, hence it's 8.50".

As these are active speakers, they need to be placed at least 6" from the wall for better bass response. I'm concerned that with BT77 this won't be possible. What is the furthest from the wall they can be on this mount?

Thanks.
I have Mackie HR624 active monitors on BT77 mounts. The HR624's overall depth is just over 12.5". I did drill a tiny hole in the bottom panel and used a small screw to secure them. (Didn't relish the idea of 23+ lbs falling on my head when I was mixing a drink at the bar.)

You're probably not going to get the backplane 6" away from the wall, though. However, there is nothing specific about active monitors that require them to be any particular distance from a wall. In the case of the Mackies, you can see on the specs page (http://www.mackie.com/products/hrmk2series/downloads/HR624MK2_Specs.pdf) that they have selectable preset curves to compensate for boundary gain 1/2-space and 1/4-space boundary gain. If yours don't have on-board EQ, these curves could easily be simulated with an EQ in your pre-pro, receiver, or even in a computer (e.g.: iTunes' EQ settings).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis