Børresen M1 Loudspeaker

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here is an interesting one and I would love to hear a pair (the audio press has been raving over them).
1661781831417.png

Seems like there is a lot of tech involved, like a 3D printed, zirconium (!) basket:
1661781674407.png

The main takeaway, though, is the price: a cool $100K...

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Here is an interesting one and I would love to hear a pair (the audio press has been raving over them).
View attachment 57571
Seems like there is a lot of tech involved, like a 3D printed, zirconium (!) basket:
View attachment 57570
Man, pretty but that price tag is hilarious. I'd could get a complete Dutch & Dutch or Kii Audio 3 immersive setup for that price, with some cash leftover.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
View attachment 57571
View attachment 57570
When I see that sort of nonsense, and that is what it is, I say: -"Pull the other one!"

But that is another of yesterday's tired designs. It is out dated before it gets to market. I would not pay more than $100.00 a pair for those.

The way forward are innovators like Sigberg Audio and Double Dutch.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
$40K of it is in those 3D printed stand bases lol. It looks nice as speakers go, but it needs to sound like $100K too.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks, but I'll have the JBL M2 system and the remaining $72k BMW m3 :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's like a Rolex. You are paying for build technique, not actual performance.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Yeah never understood that, guess its like buying artwork. More a show of how much money you got.

Im the guy that hangs $0.99 posters on the wall as a comparison hahahaha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis