Axiom M100 v4 Floor Standing

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
I have a pair of M100's for sale, purchased three months ago from Axiom. They don't fit our room, but we love the sound. Local pickup or buyer can pay a UPS store to package and ship. includes outriggers, grey and black magnetic grills. Mint. Welcome to audition before buying.

New over $3,200... now $1,850

Michael
Text, call, or reply to forum with any questions.
352-636-5629

Attachments

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
I've taken these guys off the market, going to keep them a bit longer, even though they don't fit they are so much fun!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have a pair of M100's for sale, purchased three months ago from Axiom. They don't fit our room, but we love the sound. Local pickup or buyer can pay a UPS store to package and ship. includes outriggers, grey and black magnetic grills. Mint. Welcome to audition before buying.

New over $3,200... now $1,850

Michael
Text, call, or reply to forum with any questions.
352-636-5629
No offense, but just looking at the port arrangement on that speaker is making me angry!

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
No offense, but just looking at the port arrangement on that speaker is making me angry!
Setting your anger management issues aside, have you had a chance to listen to them? What makes the port placement poor?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Setting your anger management issues aside, have you had a chance to listen to them? What makes the port placement poor?
:p
Gonna go out on a limb and say: any speaker with 2 tweeters and... did I count 6?!!!?!!... that many ports is going to be seen as questionable by anyone who has studied speakers.
Even the 3 ports on the Prime Pinnacle has gotten dinged!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
:p
Gonna go out on a limb and say: any speaker with 2 tweeters and... did I count 6?!!!?!!... that many ports is going to be seen as questionable by anyone who has studied speakers.
Even the 3 ports on the Prime Pinnacle has gotten dinged!
I think danzilla just passed out!!!

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
It's a baffled (compartmentalized) tower, does that make a difference in your opinion? What makes you say that is too many ports, as a student of audio, I want to learn more.

It's two tweeters per tower.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wouldn't think number of ports is only as important as the total volume characteristics/port velocity involved....

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
The people that dislike AXIOM only understand what's on paper and have not actually listened to the unit before commenting. People just like to hate. They don't understand all the hard work and honest people that went into the design. They bring up science as a backer to supper their views, yet our science as of today doesn't understand how our ears translate science. But everyone is an expert....myself included lol .. guys just listen before hating so much!!!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's a baffled (compartmentalized) tower, does that make a difference in your opinion? What makes you say that is too many ports, as a student of audio, I want to learn more.

It's two tweeters per tower.
If it is compartmentalized, why are there ports at the very top? Why is there a port in the front? Why are there 6 ports?! What are the compartments like to get an arrangement like that?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If it is compartmentalized, why are there ports at the very top? Why is there a port in the front? Why are there 6 ports?! What are the compartments like to get an arrangement like that?
Compartmentalizing a reasonably small cabinet like that would really be a waste of cabinet volume. I hope they didn't put each bass diver in it's own ported enclosure. I know they didn't do that on the M80s which have a good amount of bass output and extension though with some cabinet coloration that could be better dampened, IMO.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The people that dislike AXIOM only understand what's on paper and have not actually listened to the unit before commenting. People just like to hate. They don't understand all the hard work and honest people that went into the design. They bring up science as a backer to supper their views, yet our science as of today doesn't understand how our ears translate science. But everyone is an expert....myself included lol .. guys just listen before hating so much!!!
Axiom has made some good sounding products over the years and have good customer service. Some of their designs are a bit perplexing like the VP150 center channel with tweeters on opposite ends of the cabinet. I could never hear clear dialogue intelligibility from that center channel in installs I listened to unless you were sitting dead center or equidistant from both tweeters. Looks like they finally retired that speaker for a much better W(t/m)W topology with their VP160.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Like I say, I have heard Axiom towers many times over the last 10 years, in their natural domestic setting. What I hear is not bad at all, there are certainly much worse speakers out there.

But, at the end of the day, my $ would not go to Axiom! I have heard better speakers for similar $.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
But those are the special Axiom "Vortex Ports"! Just look at that fancy curvature molded into the port plastic! :) :rolleyes:o_O

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
But those are the special Axiom "Vortex Ports"! Just look at that fancy curvature molded into the port plastic! :) :rolleyes:o_O
who would ever want a regular port when you could buy a speaker that has "Vortex Ports" ? ... clever marketing indeed, thats pretty standard in all manufacturing though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis