Axiom EP500 vs. SVS PB12/2

J

Jay

Junior Audioholic
Which one would you suggest? I have already ordered the rest of my speakers from Axiom (M60, VP150, QS8) and have the opportunity to include the sub at the 5% discount price. However, I have read so many good things about the SVS subs that I am afraid to pass them up.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Need to be more specific. Is it the PB-12NSD/2, PB-12Plus/2, or the PB-12Ultra/2?

SheepStar

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Sound quality aside (which you'll get many opinions) consider size. I've often suggested that people grab some cardboard boxes from their work or grocery store and put together a life sized model of some of these larger subs. You can grab a tape measure and measure it out, but you won't really get the feel for it unless you have something three dimensional sitting in your room. All it takes is some tape and some time.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Tom Andry said:
Sound quality aside (which you'll get many opinions) consider size. I've often suggested that people grab some cardboard boxes from their work or grocery store and put together a life sized model of some of these larger subs. You can grab a tape measure and measure it out, but you won't really get the feel for it unless you have something three dimensional sitting in your room. All it takes is some tape and some time.
...or in the case of that SVS, just push a freezer chest over to the desired location. ;)

S

sahihai

Junior Audioholic
I couldnt agree more on the size part. In fact I did something similar to Tom's suggestion except I used various boxes lying the garage. It definitely gives one a good idea about the size....but the weight still is a shocker!!! In that case definitely go for the ice chest :)

Creating a mock sub is fine for size feel, but seeing the actual thing is still a awe striking experience.

S

scotty11

Junior Audioholic
I have the same speakers
M60,VP150,QS8 and I have an SVS PB-12 ISD/2

my room is apx 2700 sf

the SVS is IMO capable of filling a much larger room.I am very happy with the setup but if i could do it over i would get the plus2.

It is big though.

Ive never heard the Axiom subs but im sure they are quality products.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis