Axiom Audio A1400-8 Digital Multi-Channel Amplifier Review

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't mind the M3, I loved them at first until I listened to other speakers over the years. They are certainly not perfect. Axioms customer service is terrific. I wouldn't rate them an 8.5 out of 10 from my own subjective non-controlled listening. I find them to be too colored with vocals to give them that high of a score. That's my biggest issue with them. Also sometimes there can be some weird harshness present on some recordings. I am thinking it might be the metal cone breaking up as it lacks a proper crossover on the 6.5". If I remember correctly it is only a 1st order on the tweeter and the woofer rolls off naturally.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't mind the M3, I loved them at first until I listened to other speakers over the years. They are certainly not perfect. Axioms customer service is terrific. I wouldn't rate them an 8.5 out of 10 from my own subjective non-controlled listening. I find them to be too colored with vocals to give them that high of a score. That's my biggest issue with them. Also sometimes there can be some weird harshness present on some recordings. I am thinking it might be the metal cone breaking up as it lacks a proper crossover on the 6.5". If I remember correctly it is only a 1st order on the tweeter and the woofer rolls off naturally.
your assessment is dead on. I discussed this in my review of their outdoor version of the M3s which share the same crossover design and parts:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/architectural/axiom-algonquin

As for customer service, they have some of the best in the business IMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis