P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Hello I'm currently looking to get the svs prime tower package with the svs pb2000. I have enough for these but looking for a high end receiver is a little tight. I was looking at the x4200 on A4L but 799$ is a little steep after this purchase. Is there any receiver under that price point that will run this system to its full potential ? The reason I'm asking is because the review of these on this site says that they need a good receiver to run at that potential. Thanks.

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Get the X3200W. You won't notice the difference in power. It takes double the wattage from a receiver to achieve +3db more volume output. It takes +10db for a perceived doubling in volume to our ears, with +1db being one of the smallest increments we can tell the difference. So the slight difference in output from the X4200W is negligible.

Now, there is a potential SQ benefit. The X4200W has Audyssey XT32 with SUB EQ HT. That room correction can improve the sound a bit over the XT version in the X3200W, and would be a benefit if you ever go to dual subs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree on the 3200 unless you feel you need XT32. A little more power can be useful, but both have pre-outs, so if you need more power you can add it.

If power is a concern, I'd step to all bookshelf speakers instead of towers for mains.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or maybe save $100 over the 4200 there and get the 3300 instead, and still get XT32 and preouts as well as the new app to tweak Audyssey the 200 series didn't have.

P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestion. This will be my first higher end setup. I've had an onkyo htib and I've had the JBL venue series with an onkyo receiver. I'm currently using the Klipsch r-10b sound bar because I was in a small room. I moved my TV to a much bigger room. I'm not dead set on the svs package I was just considering it because of the high praise they get in reviews. So any suggestions on any other setups that may be similar in SQ for better value is welcome. I just saw this on A4L http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marbundle4/marantz-sr5010-receiver-kef-q-series-speaker-package-w/sunfire-sds-12-subwoofer/1.html anyone know how well these preform in comparison. The price for this is nice and I'd have everything I need vs trying to cut back on the receiver because the svs package and sub is a little more.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Stick with the SVS sub or an HSU. You will not regret that. KEF package and AVR would be OK, but not the sub.

P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Stick with the SVS sub or an HSU. You will not regret that. KEF package and AVR would be OK, but not the sub.
I was thinking that. I could add a svs or hsu sub and get rid of that sub

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can call them and have them remove it from the deal. I've recommended to others to do it in the past and they will normally do it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello I'm currently looking to get the svs prime tower package with the svs pb2000. I have enough for these but looking for a high end receiver is a little tight. I was looking at the x4200 on A4L but 799$ is a little steep after this purchase. Is there any receiver under that price point that will run this system to its full potential ? The reason I'm asking is because the review of these on this site says that they need a good receiver to run at that potential. Thanks.
Some one posted earlier about $799 brand new X4200W. If true, and if that comes with the Denon warranty then I highly recommend this unit. You won't feel that little more power over the X3300W but you will feel good knowing it has the same high quality DAC that the Marantz top model SR-7010 and SR7011 has, plus Audyssey XT32/SubEQHT.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis