E

ExoPolitics

Audiophyte
Hi,
Long time 2 channel stereo user wanting to dip my toes into starting a surround sound setup. My room is 13' x 26' and we sit 8' away from the TV( I also workout/play with kids in the are behind this and would like satisfying audio especially when working out here)
I have Elac Carina FS tower speakers and a ML Dynamo 800s sub. I recently got the C speaker as stock seemed to be drying up in my area (Canada) I currently have a Lyngdorf 1120 which does a decent job for our basic needs. I need a new amp though upstairs and am considering a Marantz Cinema 70s to somewhat tide me over for a year or two until I can put more money into getting more speakers and I would tentatively like to go to a Marantz Cinema 40 or 30 (would then ideally sell the lyngdorf to go towards some of this as the Lyngdorf AVR processors and power amps are beyond my means for a long time.)
Ideally what I buy now will go to my living room long term so the Cinema 70s fit the bill for size at some point up in my other setup as I don't want a larger traditional AVR up there, but I wonder if it really has enough power for a 3.1 setup with my Carina speakers. My other thought was to just get a Stereo 70s or M1 and just keep the center speaker in storage.
Also I would love if I can remotely power on and off the amps through an app, and adjust volume. I believe HEOS is fine for volume control, and from what I can tell the Marantz app on iOS is supported but any of the 3 marantz amps I am looking at for remote power on and off.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis