Avia Subwoofer Calibration

bwolf

bwolf

Enthusiast
I'm trying to calibrate my subwoofer using the Avia disc and the Radio Shack SPL meter. For some reason, none of the calibration test tones are coming out of the sub. They are actually playing out of the channels that I'm supposed to be calibrating to. For example, the test tone will play out of the left front, and then the base test tone will also play out of the left front rather than the sub. Do I have something hooked up wrong? The initial test tones that tested for correct setup and wiring seemed to work, the test tone said LFE channel and played out of the sub, so why won't the sub test tones play out of the sub? I'm baffled.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
AVIA plays the LFE test tone in both the front channels and the sub at the same time. See their website for an explanation as to why they chose to do it that way.

If the sub plays when you check the channels, then it is probably connected properly and the receiver settings are correct. You should still adjust the level when the test tones say they are doing the lfe channel. Maybe you were expecting to really be able to hear the sub but if you can definitely tell the sound is coming from the sub then level would be too high.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis