AV Receiver vs Stereo Amplifier

Q

qba

Audioholic
Your external amp and the internal amps of the avr won't necessarily have the same gain structure, you need to check level matching when adding an external amp.

ps Not sure this is applicable in this thread....but I think another thread Peng and I were in does.....now I'm confused :)
I'm confused too lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You guys are prolific :)
I've been stuck inside too much....but the snow melted off today and tomorrow's supposed to be sunny (and was today too) so think I'll go get some outside time tomorrow on the bike for a change! Yeah!

Q

qba

Audioholic
I've been stuck inside too much....but the snow melted off today and tomorrow's supposed to be sunny (and was today too) so think I'll go get some outside time tomorrow on the bike for a change! Yeah!
Nice!

Q

qba

Audioholic
The speakers are up and the new SB-1000 already arrived and is now in the bedroom, the Elacs sound as good as the ones in the office, I moved the office amp to the bedroom to give it a try. I still need to decide the amp to buy, but you guys gave me a lot of info that placed me on the right track :)

Is hard to listen on youtube while recording with the phone but is the best I can do. The speakers in the video may look like they are not pointing down and tilted in, but they do, I guess is just the phone camera's lens that is creating the impression that they are pointing straight ahead.

Thank you again, guys!

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Hi Guys,

I need to resue all the weeks of research in this forum that let me purchase a very nice subwoofer and very nice speakers. I'll duplicate the same system for our master bedroom, so my wife can enjoy the same good quality music. I just finished purchasing the same speakers and the same subwoofer to add the speakers on the wall beside the wall-mounted TV already in existence.

The issue is that in the bedroom a Chromecast with Google TV that is currently connected to the TV via HDMI will be the one playing music via Plex, So if the sound quality of an AV receiver in relation to playing HI-FI music is the same as it's an equivalent stereo amplifier, all I need is to buy the equivalent of the A-S501 in AV Receiver and I should be getting the same quality of music, but if 2.1 music amplifier has a better quality I need to figure out how to get the audio from the Google TV box into the amp Best av receivers, I think I could do this via an optical cable but I'm not sure. Plus this TV is mostly used in one input HDMI 1 with the Google TV, so I don't really need a device to change inputs like an AV receiver.

So after that long intro here is the question: Do AV Reivers have the same quality as their counterpart or equivalent Stereo Amplifier? Or like the speakers, some are made to sound better in home theaters while others are purposely made to sound better in a stereo system.

Thanks

Alex
Hello. new to the site. Looking for feedback on AV receivers that integrate with C4. Currently have 3 Denons using rs232 that are 8 years old and time to replace. Had one go back already over holidays (kids and wife not happY!). What is everyone using now? Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, etc... We don't use any of the stuff like Alexa, multiple zones, etc. on the receiver that most come with but it seems your forced to get all these bells/whistles. Any suggestions or what to stay away from?

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hello. new to the site. Looking for feedback on AV receivers that integrate with C4. Currently have 3 Denons using rs232 that are 8 years old and time to replace. Had one go back already over holidays (kids and wife not happY!). What is everyone using now? Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, etc... We don't use any of the stuff like Alexa, multiple zones, etc. on the receiver that most come with but it seems your forced to get all these bells/whistles. Any suggestions or what to stay away from?
Best to start a new thread with your query rather than jump on a one year old thread. C4 can apply to a lot of things. I doubt you mean the Dynaudio C4. RS232 is kind of meaningless as it's typically used for programming. You should be more specific and provide some model numbers. Also provide a ballpark amount for your budget, the size of your room and the speaker make and models that you have.

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Best to start a new thread with your query rather than jump on a one year old thread. C4 can apply to a lot of things. I doubt you mean the Dynaudio C4. RS232 is kind of meaningless as it's typically used for programming. You should be more specific and provide some model numbers. Also provide a ballpark amount for your budget, the size of your room and the speaker make and models that you have.
sure. i will start a new thread

D

dianaermos

Audiophyte
You must be the other guy who's really soaked in to the music/soundtrack in your movies and not real busy listening to the dialogue and the explosions instead.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis