AV receiver for 2.1 channel setup. T

D

DOrtiz1124

Audiophyte
Hello everyone. I looking for a used receiver for a 2.1 channel set up For music only, video is not necessary. I also do listen to FM occasionally. I have Mirage OM-9 speakers and a paradigm sub. The reason I am looking at AV receivers is because units that are a few years old ( 10 yrs or so) are extremely affordable. I do like separates, but my wife asked if we could get an all in one unit. So, I am trying to fulfill the “Wife Acceptance Factor“ (WAF)
Anyway, I would like your suggestions. I was looking at a Yamaha RX-V 3900 for $200.

T

trochetier

Audioholic
You could probably get a new 5.1 AVR for a little more than $200. Just use only two channels. You will get a lot of connectivity options in case you want to use it. Check out Accessories4Less.com.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Nice receiver and the price seems reasonable. The RX-Z7 that was next in line above it currently sells for $4-500 on ebay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

D

DOrtiz1124

Audiophyte
Follow up question. does the Yamaha Z7 and the 3900 have the same exact amp? I know the Z7 offers more AV features, but was wondering about the main channel amplifier itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis