Audyssey treatment of 2 subwoofers

T

TN Blue Devil

Audiophyte
Hello,

I have 2 RSL Speedwoofer subs and a Denon 3600h AVR. Currently 1 sub is connected to sub pre-out 1 with an RCA cable while the other is connected via the RSL Bluetooth adapter in the second sub pre-out. I recently learned I can connect both subs using the single RSL bluetooth adapter which opens up lots possibilities for placement of the subs. So here is my question. If I connect both subs using Bluetooth with the single Bluetooth adapter, will Audyssey treat the subs as two subs or as one sub when I run the room correction program? I’m not sure moving my sub to a better location is worth trading off the treatment of two subs for correction versus a single sub, even though I have two subs. Does that make sense?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
If you’re using only the Sub 1 preout and your AVR has the ability for two individual preouts it will treat it as a single sub and from what I understand Audyssey is going to apply a global EQ to both subs anyways. If you’re using Sub 1 and Sub 2 you’ll get the individual delay and level but the correction is shared between the two. I could be wrong but that’s my understanding. There’s guys on here with exponentially more knowledge than myself though

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, your model can separately adjust level/delay for two different subs (and eq's them together), is there an issue doing it the way you originally set it up? Too much delay with the wireless setup? If both subs are equidistant to your listening position then treating them as one makes some sense....

T

TN Blue Devil

Audiophyte
Thanks for the replies. The reason I am considering doing this is that my sub that is connected via RCA is placed in a spot based on where the previous owner had prewired it. It’s in a cabinet directly below the TV, and tends to rattle the entire structure under heavy load. With a Bluetooth connection I can move it to a corner without having to run the RCA cable out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis