Audyssey Not Recognizing Subs

B

Bush1672

Enthusiast
Yes, very simple. Do check the speaker size setting. Some Yamaha avrs loose their settings after being unplugged, and if not set to small you won't hear anything from the powered sub.
Do you mind explaining this? Or point to a good tutorial? I can't find one that makes me feel comfortable in what I am doing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you mind explaining this? Or point to a good tutorial? I can't find one that makes me feel comfortable in what I am doing.
The only time I've had a Denon lose its Audyssey settings is with a microprocessor reset, a simple unplugging wouldn't do it. OTOH starting over fresh with a microprocessor reset is a consideration if you're having problems....especially used gear or gear used by someone else in another setup....

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
My bet would be that there is no amplifier for the sub in the wall and that you need to connect an amp in the AV room to power the subwoofer in the wall. The connection to the subwoofer is probably basically just speaker wire.

B

Bush1672

Enthusiast
A little bit of an update. I was able to get a hold of the AV company who did the speaker install. There is no Klipsch amp. We were supposed to be given the amp when we closed on our house, but since we were not the ones to originally design the home (original family walked away from the home before it was completed),the AV company didn't know to deliver the amp to us as our name wasn't in their books. They said they would get it to me ASAP so hopefully I'll get it soon and hopefully there won't be any issues getting it to work.

Now I just need to find out what is wrong with the DT sub. Still need to do some testing on it.

Thanks everyone for the help so far!! It is much appreciated!!!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Glad they were helpful as what we assumed was correct.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis