E

EJC

Enthusiast
Hi all is this paid version that much better than the phone app? Is it worth it and will there be a significant improvement in the sound??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
potentially yes. Feel free to ask ALL Audyssey related questions tomorrow at 3pm EDT on our livestream:

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Not too clued up with most of the slang/jargon used ie. target curve etc. and have watched a few YouTube videos and tutorials and get quite lost so what I meant to say or find out is that would the MutliEQ-X yield better results simply by running the calibration tool without having to change and customize too many settings compared to simply running the Audyssey MultiEQ mobile app?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not too clued up with most of the slang/jargon used ie. target curve etc. and have watched a few YouTube videos and tutorials and get quite lost so what I meant to say or find out is that would the MutliEQ-X yield better results simply by running the calibration tool without having to change and customize too many settings compared to simply running the Audyssey MultiEQ mobile app?

IMO the point of both the editor app and MultEQ-X is greater control of the basic calibration, i.e. the ability to tweak the basic calibration run in detail, MultEQ-X offering more in depth capabilities and a learning curve to go with it. If you're not super into the measurements thing I'm kinda doubting it's the thing for you let alone worth the $200 plus expense.

P

prerich

Audioholic Intern
I'm loving MultEQ-X! I think it's actually the reason I hang on to my Marantz AV7706 processor instead of going to the McIntosh MX123 (as MultEQ-X is not compatible with McIntosh processors). Now - if MultEQ-X starts allowing convolution files - it's a wrap! I love the videos that Gene puts out - it's an hour well spent. OCA (Obssesive Compulsive Audiophile) also puts out some monster videos as well. I also own Dirac for PC, but I prefer MultEQ-X.

L

Loupy

Audiophyte
potentially yes. Feel free to ask ALL Audyssey related questions tomorrow at 3pm EDT on our livestream:
Hi Gene
IMO the point of both the editor app and MultEQ-X is greater control of the basic calibration, i.e. the ability to tweak the basic calibration run in detail, MultEQ-X offering more in depth capabilities and a learning curve to go with it. If you're not super into the measurements thing I'm kinda doubting it's the thing for you let alone worth the $200 plus expense.
Hi Guys, I have a few specific questions regarding the Multieq-X, is there a thread I can ask them in,

B

Brad McNeely

Enthusiast
I'm not overly familiar with this newer Multi EQ X ($200), however have recently used the Multi EQ Editor phone app ($20) after applying numerous of the edits to the standard .ADY file (using REW software) and the incredibly detailed advice that Mr. OCA (Obsessive Compulsive Audiophile) provides on his UTube channel. If Multi EQ X can come even close to the extremely impressive sound that the $20 Multi EQ Editor app + REW + OCA's edit advise provides, then it could be an amazing tool. I'm sure most of you are familiar with OCA as he's been around for a little while, however if you haven't I STRONGLY recommend you check him out, and I will guarantee you'll be impressed!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis