Audioquest VDM-3 cable

Junior Audioholic
hi.

any idea can i connect the audioquest VDM-3 75ohm cable as composite cable for DVD player?

Thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
You should be able to...but why are using a composite output on your DVD player? That's such a waste of quality.

Junior Audioholic
i have tried the component cable for my DVD, it's not doing well with my system. Currently i am using AQ VDM3 for audio output, should i get another VDM3 for video or get a S-Video.

thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that's surprising that Component isn't working well, since it's far superior to composite or S-Video. If you have the choice, go with S-Video since it's still an improvement over composite. That said, Audioquest is really overpriced stuff. I suggest that you mosey on over to Impact Acoustics or Blue Jeans. High-quality stuff at either place, and awesome prices.

Junior Audioholic
thanks.

image blur and color distort with the component cable, just doesnt do better than composite which i suppose to get. I got the pionner DVD and panasonic 100HZ tv, i turn on the progressive scan for DVD and TV.

Junior Audioholic
The Audioquest is offering 100% trade in for upgrade to double level of existing cable. My VDM-3 is doing fine, so i am thinking to upgrade it. Good idea or should i get other?

thanks..

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, how much more will you be paying after your trade-in?

Junior Audioholic
200 more for Eagle Eye

about 200 for eagle eye. 150 for hawk eye......

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Check out those links I gave you earlier. Blue Jeans will make you a custom cable of the same or better quality, for MUCH less.

If you want a great looking cable, check out Cobalt Cable or River Cable. Keep in mind though, these are simply better looking versions of what you can get from Blue Jeans.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

8118 said:
thanks.

image blur and color distort with the component cable, just doesnt do better than composite which i suppose to get. I got the pionner DVD and panasonic 100HZ tv, i turn on the progressive scan for DVD and TV.
Check your component cables first, sounds like one may not be firmly connected. If that doesn't get it make sure that your pioneer dvd player is in component mode. (I know some of the older ones had a switch on the back of them to determine if your were going to use comp. or S-video)

I would troubleshoot before I ditched it and went for different cables.

Sounds like the cables aren't connected correctly. Stop talking about buying new expensive cables and get a $10 set to troubleshoot your component video issue. $10 component cables will best a $5000 composite cable assuming you aren't running the signal 500 feet.

Junior Audioholic
thanks...will try to figure out..

but just asking : can i put 3 composite cables together to be a component cable??? :p

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

8118 said:
thanks...will try to figure out..

but just asking : can i put 3 composite cables together to be a component cable??? :p
Yes you can. There may not be anything wrong with the cables you are using now.There have been a few times I have climbed out from behind a TV thinking I am done with everything to find out one of the cables was loose or that I switched blue and green around. (hard to tell the two apart in low lighted areas)

Junior Audioholic
interesting

thanks...

i don know much about the cable.. when i first purchased my sub, i got a hum problem, figured out it caused by the cheap sub cable, i tried with one of the cable from component cable, it's work and no hum. so, can i just use all the cable for any connection as long as they can be plug in..... :p :p
can i use the sub cable as composite cable??? :confused:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe, maybe not. Some sub cables are 75-ohm characteristic impedance, some aren't. It depends what kind of connections and coax cable they're made with. To be on the safe side, use a cable specifically labeled as a video cable for video (or 75-Ohm coax, like a digital audio coax).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis