audiophileliquidator.com,bestofaudio.com???

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
If you still want to take a chance, buy with a credit card that can protect you with features like zero liability on unauthorized charges and charge disputes.
I know this is an old quote, but I think it's worth discussing because it is a common misconception. As I found out the hard way, once you give someone your card number you are at their mercy. You can dispute a charge, but then you have to return the merchandise, perhaps at your own expense, and the seller has to confirm they received the merchandise back for your account credit to be permanent. The seller can keep sending you unauthorized merchandise and you have no choice but to dispute the charge. The banks won't block further use of the card by the merchant either. Credit card companies consider merchants their most important customers, not credit card holders.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I ordered some speakers from them. The following day got a call to verify the order, the person on the phone told me the processing time which was about 4-5 days, another 5 days in transit, and that the shipping company would be calling me about 3 days before the delivery to setup an appointment. So far seems good. I'll post again after I receive the speakers and any other comments. Hopefully everything will be ok and if it is, their prices are really good. They do offer warranty through another company that matches the factory warranty of the item you bought. I figured that speakers are pretty safe, specially considering they're brand new in box. Time will tell.....

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah. Good luck. I certainly hope it all works out for you, but I hope you are prepared to file for a chargeback :)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Update. Was prepared for the worst but, they finally arrived. Came in their original box. I opened them and hooked them up before signing for them. The guy was looking at me like I was nuts. Anyway, they are as advertised. Brand new in box. Came packed from the factory. Original price for the speakers is $8.500 and I paid $6,700 with shipping. I know some are skeptical but I'm happy and saved a ton $$$$$. Pictures coming soon.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Update. Was prepared for the worst but, they finally arrived. Came in their original box. I opened them and hooked them up before signing for them. The guy was looking at me like I was nuts. Anyway, they are as advertised. Brand new in box. Came packed from the factory. Original price for the speakers is $8.500 and I paid $6,700 with shipping. I know some are skeptical but I'm happy and saved a ton $$$$$. Pictures coming soon.
Well, it is good news indeed:D But, Perhaps you could have gotten a similar deal from another outfit? 20% saving is not a ton of money in my book though;):D

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Well, plus tax they're about $9,000. $2,000 is a lot in my book. That's the turntable I bought right there in savings. :D.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Having trouble uploading other pictures I took. I'll try and re-take them. Anyway here is one and not a good one at that...

Last edited:
flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Here are a couple of more pictures. Anyway I know this is an old thread, but for something like speakers that last a long time, I would use them again. As for electronics, well, I would probably pay more to have the peace of mind of the factory warranty.

Last edited:
H

heloanand

Audiophyte
HI, anybody else bought from bestofaudio? I am looking for buying from them.

H

heloanand

Audiophyte
Here are a couple of more pictures. Anyway I know this is an old thread, but for something like speakers that last a long time, I would use them again. As for electronics, well, I would probably pay more to have the peace of mind of the factory warranty.
Hi you means you bought it from bestofaudio right? what speakers you bought, I am looking to buy some speakers from them, and want to make sure they are legit. I don't mind speakers warranty.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I bought from audiophile liquidator.com. I bought the Focal 1028be. Couldn't be happier. Listening to my system as I type. :D

A

Audio_Karma

Audioholic Intern
Another dealer I've seen offering big savings is Elegant Audio Video

If you join their all access buy's club you can buy things for around dealers cost.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
Even shady sites like superbiiz.com are listed (not necessarily BBB accredited, but listed)
Not to derail the thread, but what's wrong with superbiiz? I've been ordering from them for years (long before they changed their name from eWiz) and have never had a single problem. Curious if you have some personal horror story or something.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
AcuDefTechGuy - Are you saying that Independent Audio Video may be shady? I won a bid on eBay Sunday afternoon for a pair of KEF LS-50 speakers, paid by PayPal shortly thereafter and then silence until this morning when I get an e-mail communication, via eBay internal mail between seller/buyer, stating that "Unfortunately we just discovered we are unable to accept PayPal at this time and will refund your PayPal payment. Please reply with an alternative form of payment or regrettably we'll be obliged to cancel your shipment."

Something just doesn't smell right. I started digging around the intergoogle and came up with some conflicting information. My PayPal account shows the funds have been disbursed & I have a UPS shipping confirmation tracking number that says it's in transit. IAV is based in Ocean View, DE but all my e-mail communications are with a guy in NYC with the MWV Audio, Inc. company and to further muddy the waters the shipment is out of New Hampshire. This in itself is not proof that it's a scam, many companies are registered in DE because of their low corporate tax rate and he could be storing his inventory in NH but something is amiss. :cool: Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
AcuDefTechGuy - Are you saying that Independent Audio Video may be shady? I won a bid on eBay Sunday afternoon for a pair of KEF LS-50 speakers, paid by PayPal shortly thereafter and then silence until this morning when I get an e-mail communication, via eBay internal mail between seller/buyer, stating that "Unfortunately we just discovered we are unable to accept PayPal at this time and will refund your PayPal payment. Please reply with an alternative form of payment or regrettably we'll be obliged to cancel your shipment."

Something just doesn't smell right. I started digging around the intergoogle and came up with some conflicting information. My PayPal account shows the funds have been disbursed & I have a UPS shipping confirmation tracking number that says it's in transit. IAV is based in Ocean View, DE but all my e-mail communications are with a guy in NYC with the MWV Audio, Inc. company and to further muddy the waters the shipment is out of New Hampshire. This in itself is not proof that it's a scam, many companies are registered in DE because of their low corporate tax rate and he could be storing his inventory in NH but something is amiss. :cool: Any insight would be appreciated.
gooooood luck.

Let us know how it turns out

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Sent you a PM. :D

As long as you use your CC and your credit card has zero liability like my Chase Amazon Visa or Citi MasterCard. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis