Audiophile speakers?

M

manihatan

Audiophyte
We all love our Festie Funktion Ones, but what speaker setups do you guys have/recommend for home use that makes our love for forward thinking bass music really shine?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
We all love our Festie Funktion Ones, but what speaker setups do you guys have/recommend for home use that makes our love for forward thinking bass music really shine?
That is a very broad question without a simple answer. Are you listening to a lot of EDM or DJ style music with heavy bass content? If you want to replicate the type of bass you find at a DJ concert then you need some subwoofers with high output. That covers the very low end. For mid bass punch a tower speaker will generally have more output than a bookshelf unless you get into a particular class of bookshelf. Speaker setup depends on your budget and what country you are in. I believe the Festies are made in the UK which implies that you're in Europe? You also need to consider how loud you want to be able to play the music, which is related to speaker sensitivity and amplifier power. JTR and RBH both make speakers with very high output but they are outside of most people's budget. JTR is good value for raw output but some people don't like the industrial look. Might appeal to someone that likes the Festies though. RBH has a higher level of finish but is priced accordingly.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I would recommend adding a subwoofer to whichever speakers you choose.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
perhaps those sold from a 'white van' ? ! :p

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Looking those up they look like professional audio speakers, I’ve never heard of the brand I’m not from uk . I have no local speaker shops , but do you ??
Try researching brands you can get locally, or shipped to you . Probably towers + big sub.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis