Audiophile Liquidator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deraeler

Enthusiast
Absolutely True.

Buying the SR5003...everyone is hanging at list price since it's so new.
Found one other dealer under $700 but it was local so looking at paying tax.
Hate to say price was the main factor - but with this it is. No one else even came close. I'd ask you to let me know if you see any, but it's too late now (for me). Unless I end up backing out, which means (according to the fellow above) - double re-stocking fees, etc. Let's hope I don't have to go there. I'm very much a believer in well-reviewed vendors...I was ina bit of a rush with this one, and on one else was close. Hoping for a happy ending...but may prove to be too good to be true and I'll get burned. Thanks for the input!

N

notsonoob

Audioholic Intern
Nice thread..........my question is relevant here (i guess). After the purchase, is it possible to confirm if the item is A stock (brand new) or B stock??

I placed an order with local Klipsch and Velodyne dealer, he gave me nice quote but the items are not here yet even after 8 days, he promised 1 week. He has not charged my card yet so am not worrying about that. Just wanted to know if the manufacturer (Klipsch & Velodyne) will tell me if the items are brand new if i send them the serial number or something.

D

deraeler

Enthusiast
Interesting...

I was notified by AL that they require 4-5 days "order processing time". I was assured that all their stock is new in the box, but your suggestion of confirming with the manufacturer is a good one.

They have however, already charged my card. Makes me nervous, but hopefully I will see something ship late this week / early next week. Will keep posting...

I am very curious as to how the other feloow's experience turned out - a 25% restock plus double shipping is a painful experience...

btw - forgive my naivete, but what's a shill? :)

D

deraeler

Enthusiast
AL experience

As noted in my previous posts, I ordered teh SR5003 from Audiophile Liquidators, and promised I'd post the details of my experience. I received my unit Friday, which was within a week of placing the order. They had indicated they required 4-5 "order processing" days. The unit arrived in brand new condition, boxed from the manufacturer. I have no doubts that this is original manuf. equipment - although I confess I haven't followed up with a serial number search, but I will register the unt with Marantz. They presumably would let me know if it were an invalid serial number...can't imagine that would be the case though. So far, my experience with AL has been positive - I have no complaints. Their communication is somewhat sparse, but they did what they promised, and they provided a unit for approx. $170 less than I could find elsewhere. Locla retailers didn't even have them yet - and they were quoting list price too....plus local sales tax. Audioholics and Wild West were the only online resellers with this unit in stock, and they weren't budging off of list price - $799. If you're looking for a top notch A/V receiver with premium HDMI upconversion, the latest in surround decoding, 3 HDMI inputs, multi-zone capability, Audyssey EQ, etc. etc. - look no further. Hopefully I'll have no issues causing me to go back for repair/service or anything - if so I will try to post that experience here. Perhaps the earlier post here complaining of AL helped them get their act together...who knows. If so - thanks go to you who have created this thread. Although I felt I was taking some risk, so far that gamble has paid off.

R

rdon

Audiophyte
damaged speakers

I unfortunatedly bought psb speakers from audiophile liquidators. they arrived damaged and uninsured. Ups will only pay $100.Because the foam was not damaged I believe they were damaged prior to shipping. they refused to refund my money. They suggested that after shipping them back to them that we defraud UPS. I declined. BUY from them and you will regret it. I think they sell 2nd's and damaged equipment.

D

deraeler

Enthusiast
Oh man that blows. I went through that with UPS years ago, a bunch of stuff got stolen off a truck and all they would give me was $100. I insure everything shipped UPS now (when I have the option). I've been lucky with AL I guess. wither that or they've improved somewhat. I heard that they take a lot of stock from other dealers going out of business, so it's probably common for them to get stuff that was returned, re-stocked etc. I won't defend them, esp. since I haven't yet had to work with them on a repair or return, but so far (knock on wood), my amp is tremendous. I would have preferred to go thru Audioholics, but they wouldn't budge off list. Perhaps I could have waited six months, but that wasn't really an option. I was building my new HT system, and that also means I didn't have a lot of room to play financially, since I was buying a few pieces. I deliberated for a long time over extended warranties too, esp. with my plasma. In the end, I paid a little more initially to buy direct from the manufacturer through an employee program instead of buying online. Price DID matter, very much as I mentioned, however I just didn't feel comfortable buying that online with some of the stories I'd read. I'm still debating whether to lay out more $$ on an ext. warranty. Anyone have a warranty retailer they recommend? Especially interested if anyone has actually had to handle a repair through one.

Dude I wish I could help with your bad AL experience, but for what it's worth, all this feedback here is valluable for myself and others. Had I read it prior to my purchase I prob. would have stayed away. Thx for the feedback.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
As noted in my previous posts, I ordered teh SR5003 from Audiophile Liquidators, and promised I'd post the details of my experience. I received my unit Friday, which was within a week of placing the order. They had indicated they required 4-5 "order processing" days. The unit arrived in brand new condition, boxed from the manufacturer. I have no doubts that this is original manuf. equipment - although I confess I haven't followed up with a serial number search, but I will register the unt with Marantz. They presumably would let me know if it were an invalid serial number...can't imagine that would be the case though. So far, my experience with AL has been positive - I have no complaints. Their communication is somewhat sparse, but they did what they promised, and they provided a unit for approx. $170 less than I could find elsewhere. Locla retailers didn't even have them yet - and they were quoting list price too....plus local sales tax. Audioholics and Wild West were the only online resellers with this unit in stock, and they weren't budging off of list price - $799. If you're looking for a top notch A/V receiver with premium HDMI upconversion, the latest in surround decoding, 3 HDMI inputs, multi-zone capability, Audyssey EQ, etc. etc. - look no further. Hopefully I'll have no issues causing me to go back for repair/service or anything - if so I will try to post that experience here. Perhaps the earlier post here complaining of AL helped them get their act together...who knows. If so - thanks go to you who have created this thread. Although I felt I was taking some risk, so far that gamble has paid off.

Audiophile Liquidators is not a Marantz Authorized dealer (I checked Marantz's website). If you do have any repair issues with your unit, you won't be able to get it serviced by an authorized Marantz service center under the Marantz warranty. Audiophile Liq will have to fix it. To quote from AL's own website:

"Any item that needs to be exchanged or repaired will need to be handled through audiophileliquidator customer service department and approved for return by management."

I hope you have good luck with your purchase from them, but I've been burned in the past by unauthorized dealers who had the same claim as above. One in particular, went out of business, so I was stuck with a very pretty and expensive, but non-functioning Denon CD player.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Do not buy from them. They have a terrible rep online......:eek:

T

TBennett

Audiophyte
Audiophile Liquidator

I was skeptical to place an order, as their prices on the site beat pretty much everyone else's by a mile. Called the 800 number on the site and spoke with a very knowledgeable sales person, whose technical assistance was very persuasive. Shipping was higher than what I thought would be normal, but when calculating the bottom line from other online stores I found I was still saving nearly $600. After placing my order for around $2300 (scary!!), I received an email with all the order details (within a day), and I sat back and waited to receive everything. I got all the packages I ordered within a week, and was very happy to see that everything looked brand new and was packaged in what appeared to be the original boxes.
This was about a month and a half ago, and my surround system is working great (Speakercraft speakers, Marantz amplifier…). In my experience, Audiophile Liquidator looks perfectly legit (what a relief!!!)…

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
I was skeptical to place an order, as their prices on the site beat pretty much everyone else's by a mile. Called the 800 number on the site and spoke with a very knowledgeable sales person, whose technical assistance was very persuasive. Shipping was higher than what I thought would be normal, but when calculating the bottom line from other online stores I found I was still saving nearly $600. After placing my order for around $2300 (scary!!), I received an email with all the order details (within a day), and I sat back and waited to receive everything. I got all the packages I ordered within a week, and was very happy to see that everything looked brand new and was packaged in what appeared to be the original boxes.
This was about a month and a half ago, and my surround system is working great (Speakercraft speakers, Marantz amplifier…). In my experience, Audiophile Liquidator looks perfectly legit (what a relief!!!)…
Right...:rolleyes:

Great first post

Matt34

Matt34

This entire thread wreaks of shady marketing practices from Audiophlie Liquidator employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis