Audiophile help needed please!

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Hello,
I have an audio set up of:
Polk RTI-A7 Speakers and a Yamaha RXV485 receiver and the sound after burning in and different placements sounds like the instruments are not separated nicely from each other acoustically and is kind of confused.

I don’t know where is the problem?
I have set everything to stereo or pcm format and other enhancements.
Do I need an actual integrated amplifier for these speakers that are power hungry.

Thank you in advance
Yannis

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello,
Polk RTI-A7 Speakers and a Yamaha RXV485 receiver and the sound after burning in and different placements sounds like the instruments are not separated nicely from each other acoustically and is kind of confused.

Do I need an actual integrated amplifier for these speakers that are power hungry.

Thank you in advance
Yannis
First thing to check is the polarity of the left and right speaker, make sure you have red to red and black to black for both, same at the receiver's speaker binding posts.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Welcome to AH.

What burn in? How is it power hungry?
As stated above, speakers may be out of phase. How far apart are the front speakers? How far are you from the speakers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As to the clarity of instruments thing, have you heard your speakers do this with other gear? In another room? Like others have asked, details of placement and your room/listening position and just what settings you're using in the avr would be helpful....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello,

Thank you in advance
Yannis
You're not the first person to use the term "power hungry" to describe the RTI-A7s as power hungry. I think "difficult to drive" might be a little more accurate. They're a fairly sensitive speaker, but they present a difficult load at some frequencies.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're not the first person to use the term "power hungry" to describe the RTI-A7s as power hungry. I think "difficult to drive" might be a little more accurate. They're a fairly sensitive speaker, but they present a difficult load at some frequencies.
Power hungry is a favorite of the Polk fans, too.

@Yohansen how about some information about your room/setup/listening position/listening levels? Got pics?

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Welcome to AH.

What burn in? How is it power hungry?
As stated above, speakers may be out of phase. How far apart are the front speakers? How far are you from the speakers?
Hello,

The speakers are apart 10 feet away from each other and they are standing 10 feet also from my listening position

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis