Audioholics Za Stealing our Content and Name

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The owners of https://www.audioholics.co.za/ are stealing our content and publishing it on their own website as an attempt to hurt our SEO. They started by copying our trademarked name Audioholics, and are now deliberately copying our content and page titles. Anyone doing business with Audioholics ZA should be aware of this. They are based in South Africa so I'm not even sure how I could file for legal grievances.

Here is an example:
https://www.audioholics.co.za/index.php/tech-articles-blog/58-audio-amplifier-classes-a-a-b-d-g-h

vs

I can't even find where to complain to Google about this or how to issue a DMCA takedown. Anyone have knowledge about this, I would appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
That's a lousy thing to do.
I hope you are able to stop them.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You might try giving James Greer a call! I think he is a little bored these days and this doesn't sound like it would involve any foot chases!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got an error when I clicked their link with 2 different browsers. A good thing I'd say. Think they were taken down already?

*Edit: Only for the article. I can go to the main page tho.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
The owners of https://www.audioholics.co.za/ are stealing our content and publishing it on their own website as an attempt to hurt our SEO. They started by copying our trademarked name Audioholics, and are now deliberately copying our content and page titles. Anyone doing business with Audioholics ZA should be aware of this. They are based in South Africa so I'm not even sure how I could file for legal grievances.

Here is an example:
https://www.audioholics.co.za/index.php/tech-articles-blog/58-audio-amplifier-classes-a-a-b-d-g-h

vs

I can't even find where to complain to Google about this or how to issue a DMCA takedown. Anyone have knowledge about this, I would appreciate your help.
I got an error when I clicked their link with 2 different browsers. A good thing I'd say. Think they were taken down already?

*Edit: Only for the article. I can go to the main page tho.
Your welcome ;) As far as the website domain name, i don't think much can really be done, being that they use , co.za and not .com

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah got the 404 trying to go to the article. I see their parent Livanos Group's motto is Expanding Through Collaborative Industries....they have an odd idea about collaborative.....but messages to their various holdings about their deceitful nature might be fun.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yeah got the 404 trying to go to the article. I see their parent Livanos Group's motto is Expanding Through Collaborative Industries....they have an odd idea about collaborative.....but messages to their various holdings about their deceitful nature might be fun.
Yea they took our articles down after I threatened them on social media.

I'm thinking of contacting the brand's they allegedly sell about their deception but my contacts are all domestic and I wonder if anyone will care,especially if they are selling product for them.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Yea they took our articles down after I threatened them on social media.

I'm thinking of contacting the brand's they allegedly sell about their deception but my contacts are all domestic and I wonder if anyone will care,especially if they are selling product for them.
So Gene, are you saying the DeathRay machine needs more power ? o_O :)
On a side note, your probably right that these brands most likely wont take an interest in this issue, especially if they are helping to sell their products.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Why do I feel like this isn't the first thread like this?

Weird.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I would be losing it. Gene has a lot more patience....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis