Audioholics Launches eCommerce Store Designed by CE Pros

E

erick.s

Junior Audioholic
It is - 100% positive. Read my lips (or in this case text:D) - it is the same one. I know people who bought it at the closeout price. I can read a model number just like anyone else. It's an old 720p projector that was discontinued. It's original MSRP was $10K, but was then lowered to $5K and has been easily found for 2-2.5K.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/SharpVision-XV-Z12000_MARK_II.htm

If you scroll down this page, you'll see that this place has it for 2198, which isn't the cheapest I've seen it go for:

http://www.lightav.com/home/sharp/sharpdlpprojector.html

AVS seems to be down right now, but once they're back up, I can provide even more proof of it's closeout price should you need it.

I'm not trying to "call out" Audioholics, it's a new storefront and I'm sure it's an error of some kind.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to "call out" Audioholics, it's a new storefront and I'm sure it's an error of some kind.
To the contrary, you rock... This is the kind of feedback we need, though feel free to PM me for a quicker resolution (I can't check these threads personally as often as I'd like).

We're checking into it now. Most of our direct manufacturing partners have processes in place that alert us when MAP drops, but for products we get through distribution we are finding that we simply need to be more proactive.

E

erick.s

Junior Audioholic
To the contrary, you rock... This is the kind of feedback we need, though feel free to PM me for a quicker resolution (I can't check these threads personally as often as I'd like).

We're checking into it now. Most of our direct manufacturing partners have processes in place that alert us when MAP drops, but for products we get through distribution we are finding that we simply need to be more proactive.

No problem - glad to help. Mid-priced pjs (3K-10K) are my thing. Very little happens in that price range that I don't know about. I'm a little obsessive about it, but that's what it takes to stay current with the market.

I also noticed that you have the Mitsubishi pjs (the HC4900 and the HC6000) listed as DLPs in the title of their listing, but in the body text that describes the product, they state that they're LCDs. They are, in fact, LCDs and the title should be changed to reflect that.

Last edited:
J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
No problem - glad to help. Mid-priced pjs (3K-10K) are my thing. Very little happens in that price range that I don't know about. I'm a little obsessive about it, but that's what it takes to stay current with the market.

I also noticed that you have the Mitsubishi pjs (the HC4900 and the HC6000) listed as DLPs in the title of their listing, but in the body text that describes the product, they state that they're LCDs. They are, in fact, LCDs and the title should be changed to reflect that.
Did you pm Clint? :)

Also, there's a glitches thread for the new store in the feedback forum.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It is - 100% positive. Read my lips (or in this case text:D) - it is the same one. I know people who bought it at the closeout price. I can read a model number just like anyone else. It's an old 720p projector that was discontinued. It's original MSRP was $10K, but was then lowered to $5K and has been easily found for 2-2.5K.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/SharpVision-XV-Z12000_MARK_II.htm

If you scroll down this page, you'll see that this place has it for 2198, which isn't the cheapest I've seen it go for:

http://www.lightav.com/home/sharp/sharpdlpprojector.html

AVS seems to be down right now, but once they're back up, I can provide even more proof of it's closeout price should you need it.

Thanks for the further explanation. :D
Interesting that Projector central is not listing it as discontinued.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis