Audioholics HD-DVD Review Methodology

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There are plenty of places reviewing HD-DVDs* these days, so why should Audioholics even bother? Well, we cruised around the web and the usual sources and found a distinct lack of technical information on the various discs with respect to audio and video quality. Since the entire point of HD DVD and Blu-ray Discs is to provide audio and video that far exceeds that of standard definition DVDs, it's important to focus on those aspects when reviewing the new format discs.

Discuss "Audioholics HD-DVD Review Methodology" here. Read the article.

E

en sabur nur

Audioholic Intern
Thank you. Glad to see reviews more about the quality of the disc and not the film itself. I don't really care what someone thought about the film. Especially when the same person is doing most or all of the reviews.

fatroz

fatroz

Audioholic Intern
Agreed

I don't need someone telling me if a movie is good or not. Everyone's tastes differ. I'm going to see a movie regardless of what a reviewer says if I want to. But whether I am going to buy a "better quality" version of it all depends on if it is worth it. If the quality isn't much better than the DVD version I'm not about to drop $30 on it. I want to know that I am purchasing something that is going to be a step up, not a step sideways.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
"To be honest, we don't really care if Christina Ricci accurately portrayed the intricate nuances of a pole dancer… "

What movie was that?!?!?

I'll buy that DVD sight unseen!!!!:D

J

JackT

Audioholic
Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for formats that supposedly already failed 10 months ago.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
"To be honest, we don't really care if Christina Ricci accurately portrayed the intricate nuances of a pole dancer… "

What movie was that?!?!?

I would as well! what movie has this?

oh and congratulations on turning your red chicklet to a double green chicklet!

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Despite the fact that I don't own an HD disc player at all, I do enjoy reading the reviews of HD discs, just to hear about the upgrades in video and audio on these discs. Of late, I've been partial to the reviews on DVDFile.com, but hey, audioholics was the first forum I ever joined, and the first site that I ever looked at seriously for a/v stuff. So I'm really looking forward to reading the reviews on here. Maybe they'll motivate me to finally break down and buy an HD player.

The Christine Ricci flick -- it wasn't Bufallo 66, was it? I think she was just a tap dancer in that. But, er, yeah, I kinda want to know too!

cheers,
supervij

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

What movie was that?!?!?

Blacksnake Moan with Ricci and Samuel L. Jackson

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis