Audioholics Forum Redesign

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Was just checking out a few older posts and came across this. Is YouTube's iframe embed code going to be supported by the new forum software? Also, see the next post from me. Is my browser adding weird HTML to posts, or is that an artifact of the import? That same sort of code was in my previous post just above in that thread, but I edited it out just to see whether I could.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Guys;

WE just did a test import of our database to the new forum. Can you please login to test and report issues back on this thread ASAP?

thanks for your help.

here is the link: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/xf/
I was able to login, but it says the forum is disabled (probably I was too late/you posted last night).

Seems the accounts migrated.

Yay, back to MidnightSensi (original!). Facebook didn't attack hehe.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Same here. Logged in but all I get is error pages and you do not have permission messages.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was able to login as well (with the Forum disabled message).
I like the new layout and the new categorization that makes it easier to technical articles.

- Rich

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I was able to log in and got a currently unavailable message.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
General progression of communities now is multi-platform. Roll with it, Facebook might respond to certain things that a forum doesn't - but, forums can be pretty powerful at creating your brand ambassadors and also for search engine traffic.

Looks nice. I like that it is responsive as well.

The key will be keeping a very functional user interface - the types that browse forums now care about that.

Design wise I'd go easy on the radii and gradients (those were last decade trends). I'd probably also mute some of the color and play with the typeface.

Tell the developer to really take care with page size - because for mobile this is essential, especially when your doing it responsively. Optimize everything. You may want to look into using a CDN. Careful with the javascript - stuff gets fat fast and mobile devices hate that. ;)
100% agree. I couldn't said I better myself. In fact I don't think I would able to quite eloquently put my feelings about new design in words, as well as MS did above.

Truly - bravo sir. (no sarcasm here)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Sorry guys this test was only set up for people with ADMIN rights. The new forum is going online tomorrow! I will create a separate debug thread for you guys to report issues. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis