Audioholics Content Stolen by Fake Website MTXaudioseries.com

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I gotta say, I find it pretty funny that a spammer is copying part of Gene's original post in this thread. :D
I don't find anything funny about identity theft and targeted plagiarism and sabotage of my business.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Here is what you get when you put in the IP address associated with the A record in a Web Browser:

Cloudflare IP.png

jinjuku

jinjuku

All DMCA complaints must be submitted to the DMCA form.

In order to submit a valid notice of claimed copyright infringement per DMCA guidelines, you will need to provide us with all of the following information for us to consider it a valid complaint:

• A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will suffice) of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
  • Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a link to your original work or clear description of the materials allegedly being infringed upon);
  • Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to allow CloudFlare to locate the material on the website the copyright complaint is being made against (e.g., a link to the site your copyrighted material is allegedly appearing on) ;
  • Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
  • A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
  • A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Note: CloudFlare is not a web hosting company and we have no way to remove content from a site, but we do comply with valid copyright complaints if we receive specific proof of the complaint from the copyright holder and/or authorized agent for the copyright holder. When presented with a valid complaint we can provide who the web hosting provider is for the site in question.

They may not be a hosting company but they certainly ARE DNS. You have control of the DNS you win.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This really sucks Gene. I hope you guys can take them to the cleaners.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
At the very least, get them to stop the site duplication. That is total BS.

jinjuku

jinjuku

As I predicted when PM'd about this popping back up: That even w/o my looking it's hosted outside of the U.S. Low and behold this is who CloudFlare is running the DNS for a sited hosted by Global-Layer.com out of Belgium.

So CloudFlare is correct that they aren't hosting it, but they are the SOA (root DNS) for the domain currently. They could easily suspend the host zone for mtxaudioservices.

CloudFlare is not a web hosting company and we have no way to remove content from a site, but we do comply with valid copyright complaints if we receive specific proof of the complaint from the copyright holder and/or authorized agent for the copyright holder. When presented with a valid complaint we can provide who the web hosting provider is for the site in question.

That is a cop out if I ever saw one.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I like the "take them to the cleaners" approach. I can only imagine the amount of time and effort needed to deliver the content AH has over the years. Ripping all that off in one fell swoop incurs some pretty serious consequences in my book.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As I predicted when PM'd about this popping back up: That even w/o my looking it's hosted outside of the U.S. Low and behold this is who CloudFlare is running the DNS for a sited hosted by Global-Layer.com out of Belgium.

So CloudFlare is correct that they aren't hosting it, but they are the SOA (root DNS) for the domain currently. They could easily suspend the host zone for mtxaudioservices.

CloudFlare is not a web hosting company and we have no way to remove content from a site, but we do comply with valid copyright complaints if we receive specific proof of the complaint from the copyright holder and/or authorized agent for the copyright holder. When presented with a valid complaint we can provide who the web hosting provider is for the site in question.

That is a cop out if I ever saw one.
Well guess what, not only did the individual that committed this crime against Audioholics.com, and M-audio.com send me a personal apology behind a hidden IP address, he has also set up a new domain and copied the entire AVSForum.com website.

see: AVS

Guess who is providing the DNS for him? You guessed it: Cloudflare.com

Cloudflare claims protect against spam and attacks but they certainly allow their clients to enable it against others don't they?

Here are Cloudflare's list of employees and most importantly, their investors:
https://www.cloudflare.com/people

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, no more Belgium waffles for me! But seriously, I hope you prevail, Gene.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hope it all works out for you, Gene

Thanks, for the info

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis