Audioholics Announces SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ANovice

Audiophyte
I just subcribed to both newsletters, but figured posting here couldn't hurt. See I am really an audiophyte in the truest sense. I've only had a stereo/loudspeakers and never owned a subwoofer.

When my old receiver died it was an opportunity to start what will be a long journey of piecing together a home theater system. The first step was getting a refurbished Yamaha RX V581 so now I can actually pass through decent sound to the new 4K TV I got as a present for the Holidays.

But the receiver tapped me out and with a preschooler, teenagers, bills, our single income, and a stay at home wife about to lose her healthcare, well you get the picture. My dream of a home theater system is a long way off.

Getting this subwoofer would be like winning the lottery.

J

jfcarbel

Audiophyte
I was a SVS newsletter subscriber but just subscribed to Audioholics. Why do I want the sub, well been an avid SVS fan for years and helped spread the word to many. I have one of their original large cyclinder subs and love it. But if I win this sub, it will go upstairs in the bedroom so that I can enjoy SVS bass in both rooms.

C

Charlie Garcia

Audiophyte
To show some love to our loyal Audioholics readers, we’re partnering with SVS to give away a PB-2000, 500 Watt DSP Controlled, 12” Ported Subwoofer!

SVS subwoofers and speakers are favorites among Audioholics forum members and critics for outperforming pricier competition and delivering dynamics and build quality befitting the finest audio products in the world. The award-winning SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer adapts technology from the legendary Ultra Series to take the title as best ported subwoofer under $1,000.

To enter, simply register to receive the Audioholics and SVS email newsletters, and respond using that same address if you are contacted as the winner. It’s just that easy.

Audioholics Newsletter Registration

SVS Newsletter Registration

PLEASE NOTE: By registering for the contest, you are agreeing to receive both the Audioholics and SVS email newsletters. You MUST be registered for BOTH Newsletters to be eligible to win!

Update: If you are already a subscriber to both Newsletters, simply state so in a post below and give us a reason why you want to win this subwoofer.

PRIZE DESCRIPTION

Delivering incredible slam, impact and extreme bass output, the PB-2000 Subwoofer provides a potent low-end foundation for any home theater or music system. Borrowing extensively from the legendary SVS Ultra Subwoofer line, the PB-2000 sets all the performance benchmarks for a subwoofer under $1,000.

The PB-2000 features a front-firing 4” high-flow port with inner/outer port flares for extremely controlled bass with palpable slam. Its Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier includes specs and features normally found in subwoofers costing much more. Conservatively rated at a robust 500 watts RMS continuous and 1100 watts peak dynamic, the amplifier features a sophisticated DSP with an array of filters, volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance.

At the heart of each subwoofer is a rigorously engineered 12” driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized motor for distortion-free performance in any system. The PB-2000 is one of the best subwoofers for 5.1 home theater and all other surround sound systems.

PRIZE: One (1) PB-2000 Subwoofer in Premium Black Ash Finish (value $799.99)

RULES: To enter, simply provide email address and follow confirmation to sign up for the Audioholics and SVS newsletters. One new subscriber who joins between 1/6/2017 to 2/5/17 will be chosen at random as the PB-2000 subwoofer winner.* But don’t wait, the entry period ends 2/5/17 at 11:59PM EST!

To learn more about SVS subwoofers, speakers and audio accessories, click here.

*Winner must be U.S. or Canadian resident, 18 years old or older with valid email address.

View attachment 19759
I'm registered for both newsletters and would love to win this subwoofer... in my journey to upgrade my speakers I've been researching and have been impressed with the reviews of SVS and have seriously considered both the ultra series and the 2000 series... I don't feel I could go wrong either way... I've upgraded my speakers for the first time in 20 years ... KEF R500 Fronts with KEF R200C Center... next in line is the Subwoofer.... after that R100 surrounds.... I've learned a great deal from your YouTube site and have been a subscriber for awhile now...Keep up the good work Gene

B

bmmonahan

Audiophyte
This would fit in nicely with my SVS bookshelf and SVS satellite speakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

SpaceMammoth

Audiophyte
I am subscribed! Building a new house. I don't want to use the sub that came in a HTIB kit, and it is the last thing I need to upgrade! SVS will do wonders in the new place.

Littlefoott

Littlefoott

Audioholic Intern
subscribed to both
it was a tough sell on the wife to get one pb2000
but we have a 50x15x10 space and it's likely another pb2000 won't happen any other way no matter how much it would benefit
but with a room so big 2 is a requirement for proper sound
my equipment:
Marantz SR-5010
Def Tech ST-8060 towers, CS-8040 center, SR-8040 surrounds, Pro Monitor 1000 heights
SVS PB-2000 w/soundpath isolators

P

Phil Dery

Audiophyte
Starting to understand issues I'm having w/my bass. Currently have a Bic 150 watt that is not doing what I need. PB 2000 is on my short list. Now the question is one PB 13 or 2 PB 2000s! I just confirmed subscription to both.

B

Bossra

Audiophyte
Subscribed to both newsletters. I started a HT room wayy back 7 years ago with hand me down items. Currently using Klipsch RF 82 ii fronts (purchased recently), and RC3 ii surrounds, rc3 ii center for a 7.2 surround but my subs are mismatched - one is a HT in a box from Onkyo, and a weird sub i cannot find any information on the internet about which is a MB quart II - down firing sub and both are 10"....yes laugh away lol. Using Denon AVR 3803. It does sound amazing but maybe i haven't heard the truly amazing stuff. Trying to decide buying a sub - klipsch or SVS. Thanks!

Last edited:
S

Sammie2980

Audiophyte
Already subscribed to both.

I would like to win as I am going from 2 powered towers with built in subs to different fronts. I already have a single SVS same model and would like to balance out my room since I will now only have 1 sub

A

Audiofiend30

Audiophyte
Who wouldn't want to win an Svs subwoofer. They make great products and I could always make use of another. By the way I am already subscribed to both newsletters.

Last edited:
M

massacre

Audioholic Intern
I am in to win thank you! I don't deserve to win any more than anyone else but It would be
a great upgrade. thanks svs and audioholics!

M

MichaelA Cohen

Audiophyte
We have one subwoofer and are in need of a second (even my wife agrees). I am a subscriber to both newsletters.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Just subscribed to both newsletters.
I want to win because I've been into HT setups since 2000 and never had a real sub. All I have used is $200 el cheapos. :(

S

Steve Burke

Audiophyte
I am relatively new to the audiophile world and I am discovering that I have champagne taste but a Boone's Farm wallet. I love researching forums like this one when I find something interesting and affordable. However I would love to have a quality sub like SVS products, which are a bit out of my range price wise. I would love to have a PB-2000 to shake the house for movies and true bass feel for music and I listen to many different genres.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hey all, the contest is now officially over. The winner will be announced shortly. Thanks for your participation....

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Congratulations to Andrew Latham, winner of the SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer contest giveaway! Thank you to all that participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis