Audioholics 2004 Product of the Year Awards

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
The product of the year listing is a great idea..... but ...... it does have its flaws, including the LOL test.

Remember way back circa 1980/81 when Motor Trend announced the Chrysler/Dodge K-Cars as the car of the year? It was obvious (to at least me) that the writers of Motor Trend could hardly keep a straight face as they wrote that award announcement as they broke from their trend of annoiting the latest and greatest autobahn cruiser as the car of the year.

I just wonder if some of our precious tax dollars that were used to bail out Chrysler had some how found their way into the hands of MT?

But at least Motor Tread compares(ed) 10-12 new designs before determining the product of the year.

Notice that I said compared. Motor Trend does not necessarly perform a complete review of all products that are considered for the product of the year.

Announcing a product of the year is great idea. But only if the comparative products are also mentioned.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
they didn't fare too well in the original "Attack of the Clones" amplifier article. They got much better reviews about six weeks ago for the upgraded version
Please reread our Product of the Year awards and you will find that you are confusing Sherbourns Processor with their multichannel amp. We awarded the latter. The Attack of the Clones article you mentioned was on Processors not amplifiers. Stay tuned for Attack of the Clone Processors Part II coming soon..........:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis