Audioholics’ Top Six $600 Bookshelf Speaker Picks for 2021

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In our recent $500 Bookshelf Speaker Round-up, we looked at our top picks for the $500 price range. We had to be pretty strict about what speakers we could allow since there were a lot of good speakers just a bit more expensive, so we hard-capped the MSRP at $500. In this round-up, we look at what happens around the $600 price range, which does open up the field to a bunch more great options. While we were able to narrow the field down to five bookshelf speakers for the $500 round-up, we found six speakers that we would consider in the $600 range. It seems that extra one hundred bucks allow manufacturers a lot more breathing room in manufacturing costs to hit their design goals better. Read our round-up to find out what speakers we picked as best values for $600/pair...

READ: Audioholics’ Top Six $600 Bookshelf Speaker Picks for 2021

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is a great series of articles, across the board. I hope you guys keep it up and keep flushing out different price points and categories. :)
Really glad to see Monitor Audio getting a shout out, again. Though I haven't heard them, the new Bronze line are supposed to be pretty nice Speakers (and from my audition, I know the Silver line to be legit!).

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, nice round up. $500, $600 and $700 covered in 5 months (linked at the bottom of the article) and links to the product pages included. Much more useful than a Youtuber who seems to like everything he hears (and there are lots of those).

Familiar with all of those brands except NHT and Aperion.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, nice round up. $500, $600 and $700 covered in 5 months (linked at the bottom of the article) and links to the product pages included. Much more useful than a Youtuber who seems to like everything he hears (and there are lots of those).

Familiar with all of those brands except NHT and Asperion.
Asperion = Aperion (threw me off too and sent a msg to shadyj). NHT sometimes better known as Now Hear This....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Asperion = Aperion (threw me off too and sent a msg to shadyj). NHT sometimes better known as Now Hear This....
NHT seems well liked, and a few members with Salks/Philharmonics pair them with NHTs at Surround and/or Rear.
I’ve seriously considered checking them out if I don’t succeed with my own Atmos design.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
NHT seems well liked, and a few members with Salks/Philharmonics pair them with NHTs at Surround and/or Rear.
I’ve seriously considered checking them out if I don’t succeed with my own Atmos design.
I had NHT 2.5i towers back in the 90s. They were very neutral and imaged eerily well, esp with acoustic music like symphonies, opera, and jazz ensembles (no slouches with rock/pop either); they could conjure "goosebump" listening. From reading recent reviews NHT's house sound has been consistent since then. I'd consider going back to NHT on my next upgrade, or at least putting them in contention.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I have both owned Ascend 340se and Chane A2.4 both are extremely good. It's sad the Chanes didn't get put on the list.

Makes me happy to see Ascend ( small ID business) get on this list.

B

beaRA

Audioholic Intern
The Polk Reserve R100 seems like an unfortunate omission. Various published measurements of the Reserve Series have shown excellent performance for the price.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis