H

Hessel Visser

Enthusiast
Hey y'all!

Last week i have upgraded my hifi/homecinema/studio set with the new Yamaha RX-V6A and a Rotel RB1552 mk2 for the fronts and it sounds great!
Next to hifi and homecinema, i'm also very into recording and mixing music and today i have been mixing some multitracks that i got from the Lewitt microphones website..
And because i'm very interested in converters, codecs and whatever is used/needed to flip audio into different formats and now with the new Yamaha receiver it supports DSD up untill 1.5 MEGAHERTZ!!!

Well, to be honest, i can not hear the difference between a 320 kbs .mp3 and a .wav file. I CAN hear the difference between poor and great codecs and converters!!
So for the ones that are interested in an A/B test, here's some!
(it's just my rough mix, but if you like to critique, you're welcome :) )

All audio is a straight bounce from Cubase11 PRO from one and the same mix.
I also put the compressed folder and the uncompressed folder in there, so you guys can check if that affects the audio..

I would love to hear what you guys think of this.

Cheers,
Hessel

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, dsd comes in various flavors of sampling rate but you won't find much beyond 5.6 megahertz, altho your avr can handle up to 11.2 megahertz.....

Congrats on the new gear.

H

Hessel Visser

Enthusiast
Well, dsd comes in various flavors of sampling rate but you won't find much beyond 5.6 megahertz, altho your avr can handle up to 11.2 megahertz.....

Congrats on the new gear.
Yeah, exactly, huge numbers..
And most of its sources are in 44.1khz or 48khz

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, exactly, huge numbers..
And most of its sources are in 44.1khz or 48khz
They're not comparable. The DSD only has a depth of one bit compared to 16 bits or more for the other types. DSD can be interesting for multi-ch content, not so much for 2ch IMO.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis