H

HaiRy

Audiophyte
Ok.. I've done some more research. I'm looking at the Audio Engine 5's. They're labeled as iPod speakers but they're a cut above the rest. They have two 3.5mm analogue outputs on them however which isn't enough for me.

Basically, my problem is that I have my main computer, my MacBook and my TV (19" Monitor with built in tuner And possibly an Xbox 360 soon..) that I want to be able to connect to them. In theory, a standard receiver should do facilitate this need which is..
- 3.5mm analogue for the main computer (Though I might upgrade to an X-Fi sooner so it'll have more inputs then.)
- 3.5mm analogue OR optical input for the laptop. Optical preferably though.
- 3.5mm analogue for the TV
- And whatever audio output the Xbox has.

It also needs to be able to have a 3.5mm cable as an output.

Obviously, where I've specified 3.5mm analogue connections, I can use an RCA cable (They're the one's with the white and the red connectors right?) and get an adapter.

Now the problem is.. I don't have a clue about receivers/amps nor do I want a huge thing on my desk. It would be good to have some sort of display to see which source is being used, volume control. I think that's all.. but any ideas/advice would be much appreciated.

I'm in the UK too so bear that in mind when offering advice about products.

Thanks,
Hairy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis