AudioControl Concert XR-6S (8K 9.1.6 Immersive AV Receiver with Zone 2 and Class AB Amplification).

A

apoorvasheth

Audioholic Intern
Hello All,

I am going to buy this Audio/Video receiver - AudioControl Concert XR-6S (8K 9.1.6 Immersive AV Receiver with Zone 2 and Class AB Amplification).

https://www.audiocontrolpro.com/products/concert-xr-6s-8k?srsltid=AfmBOoqXHyp5eKZ6Qe7_gDdACsC3i6YJDZ3QmldWLqMo-0ozW9R1pH5H

It comes with 5 years warranty. Can anyone kindly confirm whether it's a highly reliable & top-quality premium product to purchase & go perfectly well with my present setup?

Can it output super best sound effects. I love listening to music, songs & enjoy movies, want to feel every single depth of the sound output during a scene, feel scared in a horror movie & so on...I love listening to sweet music & sound quality, not harsh ones like the one from Klipsch which I had auditioned couple of years back.

I'll be watching contents on the OTT platform via apps such as - Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar & Sony Bravia Core. So, want to feel the best Dolby Atmos effect & DTS & Dolby Surround effects & superb music quality on 2ch stereo.

I have also came to know of that the contents available on these OTT apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar are recorded on max 7 channels (which includes 2 Dolby Atmos speakers) so it will be then pointless to buy an A/V receiver that supports 9 channels or more and, it will also be pointless to add more than two Dolby Atmos speakers, isn't it?

But I still want to understand that in order to receive a proper Dolby Atmos effect, do I need just 2 Front Heights speakers, or I also need 2 Ceiling + 2 Rear Height speakers as well?

My present setup is:

SONY A80L OLED TV.
Yamaha RX-V685 Audio/Video receiver.
JBL Studio 630 Bookshelf Speakers: Front Left + Right.
JBL Studio 625C Center Channel Speaker.
JBL Subwoofer 660P
Harman Kardon HKTS 9 (on-wall satellite speaker) for Surrounds.

Was also thinking of Anthem MRX 740 8k which comes with just 1 year warranty. Is it better than Concert XR-6S b'coz it doesn't come with Dirac Live complete suite including Bass Module which Concert XR-6S comes with.

And can anyone kindly suggest best UPS & Power Stabilizer in the price of under 12k to keep my electronic devices safe?

Regards,
Apoorva.

Attachments

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The AudioControl AVR looks like a great AVR that will sound great like many AVR/AVP, but most of us won't spend that much money on an AVR. Most people will just buy a Yamaha (like RX-A4-A8) or Denon (like X3800-X6800) and get as great sound quality.

Big jump going from a low-end Yamaha to a $6K AVR, but the sound upgrade won't sound $6K better - diminishing returns and all that.

If you must have room correction, then Audyssey XT32 or DIRAC (or both in one AVR) will be great.

A

apoorvasheth

Audioholic Intern
The AudioControl AVR looks like a great AVR that will sound great like many AVR/AVP, but most of us won't spend that much money on an AVR. Most people will just buy a Yamaha (like RX-A4-A8) or Denon (like X3800-X6800) and get as great sound quality.

Big jump going from a low-end Yamaha to a $6K AVR, but the sound upgrade won't sound $6K better - diminishing returns and all that.

If you must have room correction, then Audyssey XT32 or DIRAC (or both in one AVR) will be great.
Hello, thanks for your response & it's quite convincing enough.

But don't you feel is A/V receivers such as Marantz Cinema 40 or 50 or Denon X3800H or X4800H or NAD Electronics T 758 V3i or Yamaha Audio's RX-A6A or RX-A8A or RX-A4A could perform as equal as or better than the AudioControl's Concert XR-6S than, they would have equally increased their price?

Yes, diminishing returns is definitely a very important point which you highlighted as maybe in next 3 to 4 years, far superior technologies will show up & at that time, I will regret on my purchase decision. And DIRAC can be bought online by purchasing a license when AVRs below 3 lakhs INR is selected inclusive of GST tax, so you are right on that as well however, there is one very important point to consider. While brands like Denon, Yamaha Audio, Marantz, NAD, Anthem, etc... offer just 1 year of warranty on their A/V receivers post which, a customer is left by themselves to pay up the cost of repairs but, AudioControl offers 5 years of warranty. So, atleast it's a complete peace of mind for me to not worry about the cost of repairs.

And from my experience, I can say that there are only 2 super major things that will "Definitely" fail in 2 to 3 years of its purchase - 1) Audio/Video receiver 2) Subwoofer.

I had Harman Kardon AVR 174, it lasted for almost 5.7 years (Bought in February 2013, Failed in August 2018).

Replaced it with Yamaha RX-V685 in September 2018, failed in July 2021 due to HDMI Current leakage issue. Repaired it for ₹12,000.00 & now is going on fine.

Harman Kardon Subwoofer failed in 2017, I guess. Repaired it not from Harman/Kardon service center but, some local vendor. It finally failed in 2022. Replaced it with JBL 660P Sub (12-inch driver).

Though I never heard about AudioControl brand but need inputs from people here who have used & experienced it.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis