Audio terms BS and not BS

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
RESEARCH: 4K compatibility!

The claim of 4K compatibility is very deceiving. 4K, or UHD resolutions, most commonly, in the consumer market, at 3840x2160 resolution, has been available since HDMI 1.4 specifications. Even 4K/60 has been a potential resolution since HDMI 1.4. So, when a display talks about 4K support, don't just assume you are getting the latest and greatest full bandwidth HDMI 2.0, 18Gb/s, UHD with HDR support from that display. You MUST do your homework. You must do the same for all devices that make such a claim as I have seen displays which seem to be very limited on their input resolution capabilities and have serious issues with 4K/60 support as it looks like they are limited to 10Gb/s data rates for video, not 18Gb/s.

This is especially irritating for HDMI cables or HDMI extension systems. Longer cables/distances have real issues with 4K.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Directional interconnects depends on what specific type of interconnect we are discussing.

There have been a number of arguments about dropping the ground from one end of a connection to help keep ground loops from coming into play. So, a cable that employs this will be directional in that regard. It won't necessarily help the audio in any way in a system that doesn't have any issues with grounding at all. But, it may help in a system that has ground issues.
Only in a balanced connector or something with a specific pin-out, which is different than suggesting that electrons flow one way along a wire better than another way

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
I looked in my pockets, I don't have it, do you?
It's right next to my check book (the one with the out of state address on it). I don't quote me on what it was... but it was "unmatched". :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis